IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If you sign an organ donor card, when you die you drop loot
--

Drew
New I doubt they'll want my organs after I've been rotting for a week or two, but I've signed one.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New The good thing about earthquakes . . .
. . and I've been through a few pretty big ones, is that you know within seconds if you're dead or still have to pay your bills. There's no worrying and dreadful suspense.
New Unless an elevated freeway pancakes your car and you spend 3 days waiting for help
--

Drew
New Re: Unless an elevated freeway pancakes your car
Around here, when a freeway pancakes a car (very rarely), there is no waiting.

I know of only one case, a pickup truck. A guy who hadn't missed a day of work in 10 years was sick and decided not to go to work. He was supposed to be in that pickup truck. Of course, if he was, the timing would have been different and the truck would not have been flattened.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Oct. 9, 2021, 12:46:39 PM EDT
New You can get advance warnings now.
https://blog.google/products/android/earthquake-detection-and-alerts/

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/28/22407676/google-expands-android-earthquake-detection-system

10+s warning has happened, depending on how close it is (of course). Plenty of time for suspense to build! :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     M5.9 earthquake in Japan. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         Interesting that Reuters says M6.1 earthquake in Japan. -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             The first estimate was 6.1. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Earthquake preparation is already complete. - (InThane) - (6)
             If you sign an organ donor card, when you die you drop loot -NT - (drook) - (5)
                 I doubt they'll want my organs after I've been rotting for a week or two, but I've signed one. -NT - (InThane)
                 The good thing about earthquakes . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                     Unless an elevated freeway pancakes your car and you spend 3 days waiting for help -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         Re: Unless an elevated freeway pancakes your car - (Andrew Grygus)
                     You can get advance warnings now. - (Another Scott)
         M6.9 aftershock in Alaska. - (Another Scott)

It's like dingos mating with elephants: messy loud with lots of snapping and position changes.
49 ms