IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I know Gryg may disagree but I like shopping on the web
Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds Roasted and Salted Pistachios,1.5 Ounce, Pack of 24. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042DIZIU/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_302NJP8A571F3KMTT8Z1

I just reordered this. Works out to be about six bucks a pound which I could not possibly buy here and is individually packaged in small quantities making it very convenient. That quantity is essentially the exact amount I choose to eat at any given time. Bad for the environment but great for me.

Very tasty too.

And I just realized I could not do any of this before Amazon. Sure I might be able to track down a whole bunch of individual mail order firms and deal with it. But I wouldn't. Amazon allows me to live in the house I live in because I am 8 mi from the nearest corner store. And another 8 mi to any shopping center.

As long as I can be patient I can have pretty much anything as long as I can afford it. Amazon prices vary wildly. The key to shopping Amazon is to find what you want and then find everything else like it and then make a decision. Do not buy the first one because it'll be twice as much as looking a bit further.
Expand Edited by crazy Oct. 3, 2021, 06:15:11 AM EDT
New I do appreciate Amazon . . .
. . but living in the capital of the Pacific Rim presents many sourcing options.

About the only ethnicities that don't have markets here are French and English. The Japanese markets are almost gone, but the numerous Korean markets have all the Japanese supplies you would need.

Of course, Amazon doesn't supply everything. I had to order two varieties of Portuguese rice from an on-line vendor of uncertain location. Artesia used to be Portugal, but it's India now.

I also ordered Brazilian rice on-line, because San Diego is just too far a drive from here.

Amazon did screw up one of my rice orders though. I ordered Boiled Ponni Rice (from India), and they sent Raw Ponni Rice, which I already had - and it's "Not Returnable". Of course, that was easy to do as the bags are exactly the same except for one word. Oh well, it's good rice and will all eventually get eaten.
New Choices
I had to decide if the isolation and distance from civilization was worth it. I chose yes but I know I can't get anything fresh like you can unless it's specific seafood of the season for here.
New I can't get 90% of what Gryg gets, and don't have your seafood either
--

Drew
New So you win at losing?
I actually went to the supermarket today in an attempt to get fresh lump crab meat and could not get any. Not the season.

But the season will come.
New This *is* Cleveland
--

Drew
     I know Gryg may disagree but I like shopping on the web - (crazy) - (5)
         I do appreciate Amazon . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
             Choices - (crazy) - (3)
                 I can't get 90% of what Gryg gets, and don't have your seafood either -NT - (drook) - (2)
                     So you win at losing? - (crazy) - (1)
                         This *is* Cleveland -NT - (drook)

Just playing with your LRPD addiction...
86 ms