IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New postal unpredictability
Win some, lose some: I mailed a copy of the book to a dear friend earlier in the week, and fewer than twenty-four hours elapsed before it reached her (admittedly at another East Bay address). I had arranged for another copy to be sent directly from the printer to friends near Taos NM. It was originally projected to arrive today. The parcel began its journey in Phoenix AZ. Six days ago, the thing was in Los Angeles. Three days ago, Albuquerque. This morning, I am advised, it has arrived…in Trenton NJ, where it lingered for just half an hour before this updated status: “The item is currently in transit to the destination.” Good to know!

Of course, in the first Summer of Covid I shipped a book to Australia, and this bounced back and forth between the Antipodes and the land of the Rising Sun at least twice over the course of a fortnight before it eventually reached Victoria.

cordially,
New Trump appointed U.S. Postmaster General Louis Dejoy is still in charge.
So, at least in the US, postal service will get worse.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Calm down, J K Rowling!
New It's only going to get worse
DeJoy has millions of dollars in interest in companies that subcontract to the USPS. Everything he can do to cripple them now will make him many millions of dollars in the next couple of years.
     postal unpredictability - (rcareaga) - (3)
         Trump appointed U.S. Postmaster General Louis Dejoy is still in charge. - (a6l6e6x)
         Calm down, J K Rowling! -NT - (pwhysall)
         It's only going to get worse - (crazy)

Option #2, encourage death sports amongst the vegetarian crowd.
75 ms