IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, We really do need a gender-neutral third-person singular personal pronoun.
We don't really have one, despite multiple efforts to create one. So we have to use "they" which is technically for anything but a definite singular because English treats "zero" and "uncertain" the same as "plural".

It does look like "they" is going to have to do the work. It has traction, after all.

Wade.
New whats wrong with dem and dose?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     A “high five” to the state fair - (rcareaga) - (16)
         Re: Pronouns - (drook) - (5)
             Perhaps he is a . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 “It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again” - (rcareaga) - (3)
                     Ya gotta mention Hillary or Bernie for MM to notice it?? -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Yes, We really do need a gender-neutral third-person singular personal pronoun. - (static) - (1)
                         whats wrong with dem and dose? -NT - (boxley)
         Language changes; it was ever thus. - (Another Scott)
         I wonder if the payment systems have been persuaded. - (static) - (3)
             They know under Biden they won't face federal prosecution - (drook)
             NDAA - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Nice. -NT - (static)
         Every other highway billboard over here is selling cannabis - (malraux) - (4)
             Re: Every other highway billboard over here is selling cannabis - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 Seems to be national then. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                     Non-prosecution isn't enough. - (crazy) - (1)
                         Maybe they should look into whether Estonian banks' debiting systems work over there. -NT - (CRConrad)

While they were doing that I walked over to a place called the Oyster Bar - a real dive. But I knew the owner; he used to play for the Dolphins. I said, "HI GILL!" (You have to yell; he's hard of herring...)
45 ms