IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sorry to hear that...
Cats can get up to shenanigans, though. Sending good vibes for a safe return.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New +1
Keep an eye out for her.

There's a huge fat (20 pound?) fluffy black and white Maine Coon-type cat down the street. And lots of skinny foxes around. The cat is always chill when I see it, often lying in the gutter by its driveway. The cat apparently is too big for them to think about bothering.

A cat might be too big for an eagle too. I saw a bald eagle skinning and eating a squirrel in a local park. I think that's the size of a typical meal for them.

Also too - https://www.audubon.org/news/will-bald-eagle-eat-your-outdoor-cat

Depending on where they live, some Bald Eagles eat mainly fish; others subsist mostly on other birds, such as gulls and geese. But mammals, like rabbits, lambs and, yes, even adorable kittens, are typically an uncommon item on the menu. The eagles that own the nest in Hays, a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, are no exception: They’ve mainly been fetching fish, says ASWP Executive Director Jim Bonner. When a mammal does show up for dinner, it’s usually dead on arrival.

The fact is Bald Eagles don’t love the taste of red meat. When presented with a choice between a rabbit (by far the most common mammal in their diet) and a fish, chicks and juveniles will consistently abandon Thumper for sashimi. In fact, baldies seem to dislike mammalian prey so much that they won’t even bother hunting it; carrion is usually their primary source of red meat. In other words, Bald Eagles are a little picky—but mostly they’re just lazy. That’s why they tend to hang around garbage dumps (a great place to take your friends birding).

Maybe put a can of her favorite food out for a few hours (not long enough to attract any bears!).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
     My cat got eaten by an eagle. - (crazy) - (16)
         Sorry to hear that... - (malraux) - (1)
             +1 - (Another Scott)
         Oh no... - (static) - (10)
             I was wrong - (crazy) - (9)
                 🎉 -NT - (malraux)
                 Again? - (Another Scott)
                 OK, I guess I can post this now - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Bald eagles are a garbage bird - (drook) - (1)
                         And it's not even bald - (pwhysall)
                 Yay! -NT - (static)
                 At least it looks like you don't have to worry about fishers - (scoenye)
                 All right! - (a6l6e6x)
                 Well, yay! - (rcareaga)
         Here's an article on cats when they're out of our sight. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             I saw a show like that probably back in the 80s - (drook) - (1)
                 Nature's cute little murderbeasts. -NT - (InThane)

Tracers work both ways.
173 ms