IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My cat got eaten by an eagle.
I don't know if this is true. But she is gone. We have a deck that she can go out and look from. She really liked this deck.

She has been gone for 2 days. The previous homeowner told me that the eagles come down and swoop and pick up a animals. S***. My cat probably got eaten by an eagle.

I am not amused. Today was signing and it should have been a good day but I have been crying.
New Sorry to hear that...
Cats can get up to shenanigans, though. Sending good vibes for a safe return.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New +1
Keep an eye out for her.

There's a huge fat (20 pound?) fluffy black and white Maine Coon-type cat down the street. And lots of skinny foxes around. The cat is always chill when I see it, often lying in the gutter by its driveway. The cat apparently is too big for them to think about bothering.

A cat might be too big for an eagle too. I saw a bald eagle skinning and eating a squirrel in a local park. I think that's the size of a typical meal for them.

Also too - https://www.audubon.org/news/will-bald-eagle-eat-your-outdoor-cat

Depending on where they live, some Bald Eagles eat mainly fish; others subsist mostly on other birds, such as gulls and geese. But mammals, like rabbits, lambs and, yes, even adorable kittens, are typically an uncommon item on the menu. The eagles that own the nest in Hays, a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, are no exception: They’ve mainly been fetching fish, says ASWP Executive Director Jim Bonner. When a mammal does show up for dinner, it’s usually dead on arrival.

The fact is Bald Eagles don’t love the taste of red meat. When presented with a choice between a rabbit (by far the most common mammal in their diet) and a fish, chicks and juveniles will consistently abandon Thumper for sashimi. In fact, baldies seem to dislike mammalian prey so much that they won’t even bother hunting it; carrion is usually their primary source of red meat. In other words, Bald Eagles are a little picky—but mostly they’re just lazy. That’s why they tend to hang around garbage dumps (a great place to take your friends birding).

Maybe put a can of her favorite food out for a few hours (not long enough to attract any bears!).

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh no...
Condolonces. Losing a pet is often hard.

Wade.
New I was wrong
She came back.

Two days of hiding outside. Ate until she puked on me.
New 🎉
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Again?
Excellent news. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New OK, I guess I can post this now
Cat & Eagle
New Bald eagles are a garbage bird
They're actually a perfect symbol for the U.S. They picked it because they thought it was an apex predator, but it turns out it's more flash than substance. You still don't want to fuck with it though.
--

Drew
New And it's not even bald
Your country sits upon a throne of lies!
New Yay!
New At least it looks like you don't have to worry about fishers
They're the primary reason for cats not coming back from the sticks on this side but they seem to have skipped your corner of WA.
New All right!
Must be exploring the new territory.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Well, yay!
I was grieved reading the original post; relieved belatedly looking in.

cordially,
New Here's an article on cats when they're out of our sight.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x Sept. 27, 2021, 11:21:56 PM EDT
New I saw a show like that probably back in the 80s
It was shot and narrated like a "Mutual of Omaha" episode. One of the owners, whose cat routinely brought home fresh kills, was asked to bag them and keep in the freezer for a month. Little beast averaged something like two birds and a rodent per day. And that's just what she brought home. Most had no evidence of being eaten; she just liked to hunt.
--

Drew
New Nature's cute little murderbeasts.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
     My cat got eaten by an eagle. - (crazy) - (16)
         Sorry to hear that... - (malraux) - (1)
             +1 - (Another Scott)
         Oh no... - (static) - (10)
             I was wrong - (crazy) - (9)
                 🎉 -NT - (malraux)
                 Again? - (Another Scott)
                 OK, I guess I can post this now - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     Bald eagles are a garbage bird - (drook) - (1)
                         And it's not even bald - (pwhysall)
                 Yay! -NT - (static)
                 At least it looks like you don't have to worry about fishers - (scoenye)
                 All right! - (a6l6e6x)
                 Well, yay! - (rcareaga)
         Here's an article on cats when they're out of our sight. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             I saw a show like that probably back in the 80s - (drook) - (1)
                 Nature's cute little murderbeasts. -NT - (InThane)

We still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.
152 ms