IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You'll have seagulls
Noisy arseholes that they are.
New Re: You'll have seagulls
I like them. Hanging out at the hotel parking lot 6:00 a.m. in the morning and they are everywhere here. I don't mind them at all.

Except.

30 or 40 years ago I was working on the boardwalk. The seagulls picked up large objects and dropped them wherever I was. They were trying to smash clams as far as default behavior is concerned. But they would pick up bottles and then drop them next to me and they would explode.

One day a bottle exploded next to me and I thought the parking lot guy threw a bottle at me. I raged. I went after this guy and I was going to kill him for throwing a bottle at me. He explained it was seagulls. Those f****** will drop bottles to open stuff up and eat it and we then painted pictures of seagulls everywhere so the seagulls flying above did not think they could drop a bottle there, there would be a seagull there to steal their food from them.
New They're the one aspect of living here that can wear a bit thin
New are they still called shytehawks?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New "still"? Never were.
"Shitehawk" is a synonym for "gobshite"; afaik, it's never used to refer to our avian friends, no matter how fucking annoying they are when they start squawking at 0330 in summer.
New Ever since seeing this ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BNbHBcnDI

Thing #3 does a killer impression of the "Mine mine mine" voice.
--

Drew
New I think they're always laughing
When I was staying at the hotel there was a perch that they always played King of the Hill on. It was the hotel sign. And I told him to shut the f******. And they listen to me. I toss some french fries, they come eat them and they stay quiet.

I'm now in the house. I have achieved. Don't know how long it will last but I'm going to enjoy it while it does.
     Greetings from Port Angeles, Washington - (crazy) - (46)
         Sweet! - (pwhysall) - (21)
             I don't have that - (crazy) - (20)
                 Damn, you gots a compound -NT - (drook) - (12)
                     Check email -NT - (crazy) - (1)
                         Gmail? Not seeing anything -NT - (drook)
                     Is it a bad idea to drive a small Kia SUV over a septic tank and a green field? - (crazy) - (9)
                         Should be OK AFAICT -- except that septic tank sounds fishy. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Jeez, for the man who knows everything that advice sucked. - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Send me photos, plans and BOM for your septic tank and I'll give you exact and specific advice. -NT - (CRConrad)
                         Yes, you're right to be concerned. - (Another Scott)
                         Need to be careful with septic fields - (malraux) - (1)
                             Okay understood - (crazy)
                         bad idea -NT - (boxley)
                         buy a wheel barrow, you will need one anyway then haul your stuff -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             He left behind an industrial hand truck - (crazy)
                 You'll have seagulls - (pwhysall) - (6)
                     Re: You'll have seagulls - (crazy) - (3)
                         They're the one aspect of living here that can wear a bit thin -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             are they still called shytehawks? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 "still"? Never were. - (pwhysall)
                     Ever since seeing this ... - (drook) - (1)
                         I think they're always laughing - (crazy)
         nice landing spot -NT - (boxley)
         Thanks for the report. Peace and relaxation to you! -NT - (Another Scott)
         All right! - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Earthquakes - (crazy) - (3)
                 Great, now your hubris has gone and fucked us all. - (InThane) - (1)
                     There was a small one 20 miles South of him a couple of weeks ago. - (a6l6e6x)
                 37% chance in the next 50 years. - (malraux)
         Sounds like the start of a new chapter. - (static) - (15)
             I've been on a holding pattern - (crazy) - (14)
                 Contract signed - (crazy) - (13)
                     Ooh, nice - (drook) - (2)
                         You're absolutely welcome - (crazy) - (1)
                             And M misses you. -NT - (crazy)
                     Okay we've been here a week - (crazy) - (9)
                         The plastic decking material is valuable - (malraux) - (1)
                             Thanks for the info - (crazy)
                         Sounds like a gold mine. - (static)
                         Check those conduits - (scoenye) - (5)
                             Oh my Lord I probably have 10,000 in conduits - (crazy) - (4)
                                 Local contractors/electricians? - (scoenye) - (3)
                                     It's Saturday - (crazy)
                                     Contact info please - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Iwethey handle at compaqnet.be -NT - (scoenye)
         Congrats -NT - (InThane)

Non-migratory, just like cocopabanana blaps.
245 ms