IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Adventures in short-term mattresses
The movers took most of the house yesterday to a two bedroom apartment. I will never see that two bedroom apartment. I'm very happy about that.

I was planning on leaving on the 27th for an adventure.

We told the landlord who supposedly is a friend of M's that we will be totally out on the 28th just to cover any final moments. She said no problem.

And then she sold the house we're living in. The entity, I don't know who, who bought this house did it without ever coming inside.

This house was a half-done crap hole when we moved in and we did nothing positive to it. We have done a pretty good clean up and actually hired a couple of people to come in and clean after us. For no reason because we could just walk away with no ramifications whatsoever but my wife is too damn nice.

We could simply refuse to move during the no evict order.

Part of the final discussions was saying we would be out on the 25th. Hey, that's tomorrow.

A month ago I ordered a 4-in camping mattress. It never showed and Amazon web pages started erroring on it.

So I canceled that and ordered a 3-in that I settled on. But that wasn't going to come until today. Cutting it close.

The movers took my real mattress away to the new apartment. Someone will be sleeping in it. There will be a roommate or some income producing person there. But not me. My daughter and her boyfriend are there though.

And I will never have to deal with their crazy again. If she ever visits she's not allowed in the house, she can camp in the yard and meet M there.

Initially M was going to follow me a month or two later depending on housing. She decided she never wants to deal with crazy again either. It's taking her 27 years. It's time.

So she's coming with for the adventure.

So instead of a camping adventure I have a rent hotel adventure for at least a month now, it's all paid up. But then we might have another month or two of camping.

We've done air mattresses before and I hate them. But I didn't understand the correct combo of air mattress and camping pad. The camping pad is essentially a 3-in foam topper with some heavy duty cover so it doesn't rip too easy.

I needed something to sleep on last night, and so did M. So I went out to Cabela's and bought two of their 3-in large pads. They suck on the floor.

Two of them on top of each other allows for some moderate calisthenics but it's still dangerous.

Today the additional pad showed up. It's a bit shorter than the others but just as wide and feels the same on the floor. But now I have three of them to stack and boy do I have a comfy pad. But actually not firm enough to sleep on.

So then I take out the queen size air bed that has a blow up headboard and drop a pad on each side which then overhang the edge. I need a king size. But I'll deal with this for now.

A firm air bed combined with the camping pad is better than my real bed. That's for tonight, and I'll get the king size when I go "camping".
New Well, it's definitely an adventure!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Sounds like the waterbed we had for a while

Foam topper on a bunch of tubes. So no wave action, and you weren't lying right on the bladder. Best of both worlds.
--

Drew
     Adventures in short-term mattresses - (crazy) - (2)
         Well, it's definitely an adventure! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Sounds like the waterbed we had for a while - (drook)

And NO sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I will KILL you!
55 ms