IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK, can't help with the CRISPR cure, but is he managing his diet?
Too many docs just program the pumps and let patients eat how they want and let the pump deal with it. I know a guy with Type 1, so no naturally occurring insulin. He cut carbs as much as he could and his insulin use went down by about 40%. If your nephew is having side effects, anything that reduces the amount he's using has to be good. And saving the money wouldn't hurt.
--

Drew
New He's been a vegetarian for the last 15 years or so.
Physically he presents perfectly. As far as I'm concerned he could use some more protein but he feels he gets enough however he gets it.

When he was around 13 he was self-treating his EDS and overdosed on ibuprofen which destroyed his pancreas.

He's been on the insulin pump ever since.

So his pathway to the disease doesn't match any of the standards.
Expand Edited by crazy Aug. 13, 2021, 02:08:30 PM EDT
New Vegetarian is harder to go low carb
Probably good for him in many other ways though.
--

Drew
New Re: Vegetarian is harder to go low carb
Yeah I used to visit them monthly and I had to bring my own food cuz I couldn't eat anything they would eat. Or at least I wouldn't.

So I bring whatever meat meat meat heavy dish I was eating and bring them a veggie pizza.

And lecture them on their lack of carnitine.
     Should I want to fix some with diabetes who would I contact? - (crazy) - (7)
         Not yet. - (pwhysall)
         Type 1 or 2? -NT - (drook) - (5)
             Re: Type 1 or 2? - (crazy) - (4)
                 OK, can't help with the CRISPR cure, but is he managing his diet? - (drook) - (3)
                     He's been a vegetarian for the last 15 years or so. - (crazy) - (2)
                         Vegetarian is harder to go low carb - (drook) - (1)
                             Re: Vegetarian is harder to go low carb - (crazy)

Did I already say great googly moogly?
105 ms