New Some have onboard LTE so it doesn't depend on your phone
AKA poor-man's LoJack.

Have you checked Wirecutter?
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-dash-cam/
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Aug. 8, 2021, 12:48:30 PM EDT
New Cord cutters loves vantrue
I guess I could give up on the audio, and pick up one of those three channel models.

https://www.getnexar.com/

Actually just tried to go buy something from nexar are but it's in pre-order status. Yet it's deliverable from Amazon. At least Amazon says so. We shall see.

The safety aspect of the software and their cloud service was what got me. And I fully recognize I've added yet another government tracking device to my life. Which now includes video. But supposedly it still works if the cloud goes away as it streams to my phone so I can always set up a forwarding situation if I have to.

I gave up on the real rear camera in the hopes that the interior camera will pick up the outside as well.

Nexar Pro GPS | Dual Dash Cam System | 128 GB | New 2021 Model | SD Card Included | Road & Interior Recording | Unlimited Cloud Storage | Parking Mode | WiFi https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081NRNDWW/ref=cm_sw_r_sm_apa_glt_fabc_23XYXWGZ4PZSNX7P29TW?psc=1
New I'd also rather have the interior view than the back view
You didn't list it, but I assumed from your use case the interior view was a hard requirement.
--

Drew
New I don't know about hard requirement
But I don't want to run wires. So rear view camera is iffy.

That's why I really love that security 360 style camera but everyone said it sucks so I guess I shouldn't pay way too much for a way too little.

I won't have any passengers so I really don't give a s*** about the interior view. But if the camera gets a cop while I'm simultaneously audio recording on my phone that's a benefit. So that's what the interior view would be for.
New I'd want the camera to capture *me*
"He was reaching under the seat."

"It looked like he had a gun."

"He refused to provide his license."

I want there to be no question about what I did.
--

Drew
     Looking for dash cam recommendations - (crazy) - (10)
         Some have onboard LTE so it doesn't depend on your phone - (drook) - (4)
             Cord cutters loves vantrue - (crazy) - (3)
                 I'd also rather have the interior view than the back view - (drook) - (2)
                     I don't know about hard requirement - (crazy) - (1)
                         I'd want the camera to capture *me* - (drook)
         Life's too short. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Re: Life's too short. - (crazy) - (3)
                 I'm generally a coward traveling. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     You need to watch this - (crazy) - (1)
                         Also "audit the audit" YouTube channel -NT - (drook)

I’d love to have either one win and then lose in a recount. Nice set-up for a faction fight.
52 ms