IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Texas passed NY in COVID deaths, despite once trailing by 29K

Texas has passed New York to become the state with the second-most COVID-19 deaths, a feat experts say was driven by an inability to control transmission of the virus here.

Texas reached the milestone Wednesday, hitting 53,275 deaths, despite trailing New York by more than 29,000 fatalities last summer.

[...]

On March 2nd, 2021 Governor Abbott lifted the mask mandates. “It’s time to reopen Texas 100 percent,” Abbott told reporters at a restaurant in Lubbock.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/health/article/Texas-New-York-COVID-deaths-case-numbers-16352409.php

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New s/inablility/unwilligness/
New It will be blamed on immigrants
That's the line my dad has been fed.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Wait, I got this
"But infection rates South of the border are lower than in Texas."

"Then they must be sending infected people here to get free treatment and keep their numbers down!"

Am I close?
--

Drew
New Nailed it, probably.
Texas is almost exactly at the US average for cases per 1M population, huh. Similar for California and New Mexico. Arizona is higher though.

Almost like immigration doesn't actually modify cases.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     Texas passed NY in COVID deaths, despite once trailing by 29K - (lincoln) - (4)
         s/inablility/unwilligness/ -NT - (scoenye)
         It will be blamed on immigrants - (malraux) - (2)
             Wait, I got this - (drook) - (1)
                 Nailed it, probably. - (malraux)

Do not press reset button is normal operation!
37 ms