IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Today I learned ...
Prince was originally cast for the role of Ruby Rhod in The Fifth Element. He backed out because the costume design was "too effeminate".

So first of all, did Prince own a mirror when he said that? But more importantly, I don't know that he had the sense of humor about himself to have pulled off what Chris Tucker did.
--

Drew
New Prince thought it was too fem and chris didnt care, who is the real actor?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Chris Tucker made that part so I'm glad Prince turned it down.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Chris Tucker was superb as Ruby Rhod.
Only reason he didn't completely steal all his scenes was because everyone else was busy doing the same thing! :-D

Wade.
New Such a fun movie.
Serious Terry Gilliam In Space vibes.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New One of our Aussie TV networks absolutely *loves* it.
One of their digital secondary channels did a Fifth Element marathon a few weeks ago where they played it over and over again for 24 hours.

Wade.
New It's my favorite full immersion movie
There's a scene in it that starts from the moment of the rebuilding of the alien body from the hand. It progresses to the escape, flying into the taxi then, the taxi chase scene.

There's a drug called DMT. I'm allowed to post about this because, hell I paid my time and I'm done with the jail system. That means I get to talk about things that other people would go to jail for, which I already did.

DMT has a whole bunch of uses, some claim religious, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're talking about play.

There are essentially two states while under the influence of DMT. There's the trippy state that could be compared to other hallucinogenics and then there's the one: I've gone away and there is no me. The second one is 100% indescribable, ineffable, doesn't really matter.

The first one allows for immersive experiences. While watching a movie in a dark room with a decent sound system you end up inside the movie.

That scene is the most fun ride in the world. And it matches the exact amount of time that you pick and ride the DMT wave and then come gently down as the taxi stops.
     Today I learned ... - (drook) - (6)
         Prince thought it was too fem and chris didnt care, who is the real actor? -NT - (boxley)
         Chris Tucker made that part so I'm glad Prince turned it down. -NT - (malraux) - (4)
             Chris Tucker was superb as Ruby Rhod. - (static) - (3)
                 Such a fun movie. - (malraux) - (2)
                     One of our Aussie TV networks absolutely *loves* it. - (static) - (1)
                         It's my favorite full immersion movie - (crazy)

Get the cool shoeshine.
81 ms