IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The spousette’s birthday
(I was actually introduced to her on this day in 1969, although we did not become an item until over a quarter of a century later.)

Some time back she expressed admiration for “nixie tube” technology—in the early eighties I used a nixie-based desktop calculator at FCT&D—and earlier this year, in anticipation of today’s anniversary, I acquired a timepiece from a Ukrainian vendor who apparently purchased a job lot of Soviet-era tubes at some point, and has been assembling nice clocks from these. Feeling a little perverse in advance of the event, however, I purchased a spurious “prank” package in which to house the gift (image appended, I hope). The dear woman put on her best face when she unwrapped the thing, but was relieved at first when she discovered the actual token—although afterward she asked “Can you score me an actual cheese printer?”

cordially,

“cheese”/
New Nice!
Unfortunately, broken link to the picture here, on Chrome on Winders.

Works in IE!

Works in FireFox!

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Interesting, that
Thanks. Also broken in Chrome on Mac, which is contrary to my usual experience: mostly it’s fractured functionality on “Safari” that can be addressed via Chrome. I wonder what the problem might be?

cordially,
New It came up here before.
IIRC, corrections welcome, Chrome blocks images on non-HTTPS sites.

What's this?!!

But we seem to be HTTPS now??!! When did that happen??

Anyway, it has something to do with Chrome. Maybe there's a client setting we can tweak? Dunno.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Correct. Mixed content.
And even if you could turn off the mixed-content ban, they'll take the option away Very Soon Now, so I wouldn't bother.

Wade.
     The spousette’s birthday - (rcareaga) - (4)
         Nice! - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Interesting, that - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 It came up here before. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Correct. Mixed content. - (static)

Return the relics to the elephants, and Atlantis rises.
79 ms