IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting thoughts!
s /Nice, in France,/Nice in France,/

Probabilities of key events are definitely damn hard to estimate.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Same place where they had that big religious debate in the fourth century, right?
Nope. :-)

I used to think (well, more blithely assume) so, back in ~high school... Turns out Nicaea is called İznik nowadays, and definitely not in the EU.

Etymological footnote: The "prefixed with εἰς, meaning 'to' or 'into'" bit (and, apparently, "let's drop the last syllable from the original name in stead") seems to be common practice with ancient Greek cities in present-day Turkey; cf Smyrna --> İzmir.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     Extra Terrestrial Intelligence - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
         I want that narrated and animated - (drook) - (11)
             He might be too expensive. - (static) - (10)
                 Tom, yes, but who's Derek? Oh, so that's Veritasium's name. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                     Whistler used to be better. - (static)
                     Whistler's enunciation grinds my gears. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                         Then there's those who get on my tits a little bit, but I like their content anyway - (pwhysall)
                         Ooh! Clint from LGR! - (static)
                         Holy shit, did I just forget or totally miss that those are different guys? - (CRConrad) - (4)
                             Re: Holy shit, did I just forget or totally miss that those are different guys? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 So what? I'm equally many subscribers on both: Just one. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                     It's about confusing a very famous person with a not very famous person - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Is that even a thing; are celebrities now gods, to not even *be confused for* mere mortals? -NT - (CRConrad)
         Re: Extra Terrestrial Intelligence - (pwhysall) - (2)
             The standard Sci-Fi solution - (drook)
             Yes, that's the point. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Nice article - (crazy) - (11)
             Water bombardment sounded so implausible when I first heard it - (drook) - (10)
                 Same. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     WTF is all this then? Sounded so to me too when I first heard -- i.e. just now. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         I had that same exact feeling when I was around 8 years old - (crazy) - (3)
                             I've gone down rabbit holes of his stuff before - (drook) - (2)
                                 I love his challenges - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Yup, some of them I wish we full length and with full instrumentation -NT - (drook)
                     I like this theory better - (drook) - (3)
                         The (non-bird) dinosaurs send their regards, wishing you were right. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Rare events are great at destruction, not as much for creation/accumulation -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                 True, didn't think of that distinction. - (CRConrad)
         Interesting thoughts! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Same place where they had that big religious debate in the fourth century, right? - (CRConrad)

When will they realize that their stupid cult is not the only one?
97 ms