IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Argentine Ants
A few years ago, a super-colony of Argentine Ants developed all over Southern California (and a smaller super-colony down near San Diego). By mass warfare they eliminated the native ants in their range.

For years, if I was working with fish or meat, and turned my back for a few minutes, it would be covered with a swarm of Argentines, with a very busy trail from where they entered.

Of course, I would dispatch them without mercy. I'd put a little spritz of Black Flag Unscented at the point of entry. Then I'd set my heat gun to 1100°F with the fan on low and toast the whole crew instantly. With their path blocked by toxins, they would never find a new route.

But the last two summers I saw no Argentines. Now this year I see the native red ants have returned.

What happened to the Argentines? Was it the lizards that now swarm my property? If so, the red ants must not taste good.

For most of the last 40 years the lizards on my property were the light brown desert kind, but in the last couple of years the lizards have been gunmetal gray, almost black. What happened to the brown ones? Maybe the brown ones didn't like the taste of Argentine ants and the gray ones do?

Google did not have an explanation for either change. Nature can be mysterious.
New Maybe it's the same kind of lizards, but eating reds makes em brown and eating Argies makes em grey?
New Works for flamingos, sounds plausible
--

Drew
     Argentine Ants - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
         Maybe it's the same kind of lizards, but eating reds makes em brown and eating Argies makes em grey? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Works for flamingos, sounds plausible -NT - (drook)

Good thing it smells like Kung Pao Tofu instead of like Greg's ears.
62 ms