IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't forget US tax day is tomorrow...
I just got ours done.

For the first time in a very long time, the standard deduction was larger than our allowable itemized deductions. Which is nice, calculation-wise (if you already know you're on one side or the other).

The Ordinary/Qualified Dividend stuff is still stupid and horrible. I hope they eventually do away with that distinction (and just tax them like ordinary income)...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Naaaah . . . .
. . since my dividends are almost all qualified. Also, that stuff takes almost no time since TurboTax imports it all from my brokerage. It's the K1s that are really annoying, but I'm down to just two now. It's the business stuff that takes days and days of my time, but entering it into TurboTax takes only an hour or two.
New Takes almost no time for you, since you pay the Turbo tax.
New Yeah, that's $110 per year . . .
. . plus $60 for audit defense insurance "just in case". That's well under 2 hours at my billing rate - and, it's deductible as "Office Expense".
New Did my taxes at the end of the month
Oh wait, no I didn't :D

PAYE4LYFE!
New Did mine recently, can't quite remember when.
2012, 2015...? Thereabouts.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who Apparently Still Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New When is 2960 <> 2960. (sigh)
I hate inscrutable web software. "FreeFileFillableForms" in this case.

(sigh)

I'm probably doing something stupid again... Back into the breach!!

eta: Yes, it was a stupid error. The number was on the form, on the same line, but I specifically had to type it in again in the far right column. Grrr...

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott May 17, 2021, 02:14:12 PM EDT
New I did mine for the usual April 15th deadline.
As far as I knew, SC did not move the deadline and the H&R Block software requires the Fed to be done before the state. I file the Fed online.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New same here, without the bidness straight w2 filing easy peasy
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Don't forget US tax day is tomorrow... - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Naaaah . . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             Takes almost no time for you, since you pay the Turbo tax. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 Yeah, that's $110 per year . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Did my taxes at the end of the month - (pwhysall) - (1)
             Did mine recently, can't quite remember when. - (CRConrad)
         When is 2960 <> 2960. (sigh) - (Another Scott)
         I did mine for the usual April 15th deadline. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             same here, without the bidness straight w2 filing easy peasy -NT - (boxley)

If there are really aliens, I would think that L. Ron Hubbard would have to be one of them.
117 ms