IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New COVID19 jab #1 of 2 done
AstraZeneca, on Saturday. Felt like shit yesterday, ok today but for a sore arm.
New All right, Peter!
The second shot might be worse, the second Moderna was for me, but well worth the aggravation.

I had my second Shingles shot last week and it was not too different.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: All right, Peter!
I've got my second Moderna shot coming up. I had very low level tiredness on the first shot and no soreness. How bad was the reaction to the second shot?

I'm a little antsy because my gym trainer got a bad reaction to his first shot and developed a myocardial inflammation that they've seen in Covid patients. He'll be ok, but he spend half a week in the hospital.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New I was just reading about that this morning
Not your trainer specifically, just that they had seen myocardial inflammation for a few people so far, but not beyond normal incidence rates.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Re: 2nd Moderna shot.
For me the ache was on my back as well as the arm along with a headache and a mild temperature increase. I took some Acetaminophen and was just a bit less active than usual.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday
sore arm for the day, but that was it.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New That’s great!
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks for the feedback!
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Youngest get just had his 2nd Pfizer
He's currently icing it in a transparent attempt to avoid viola practice.
Regards,
-scott
New Any urge yet to climb trees?
New Re: Any urge yet to climb trees?
Nope. Buy an Xbox!
New Pfizer #2 today, no issues so far after 11+ hours...
New Mine took 24 hrs before things started acting up
But nothing severe. Mild flu-like symptoms, feeling flushed. All gone by the next morning.
New Got my second Moderna thursday
It is still kicking my ass. Still very tired. Maybe tomorrow...
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Mine gave me narcolepsy the next day.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New I don't need injections to take naps. :)
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New I'm still down. My wife isn't much better.
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New I'm still down. My wife isn't much better.
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Got the J&J Today.
Supposedly it's less effective, though the Feds say the test conditions were much different from the other two, so who knows? Also, last time I checked, I'm not a woman under 50, so risk of blood clots is extremely low. In any case, my overall risk is very low. I'm quite reclusive, and everyone I associate has already been vaccinated. I don't do crowds or "super spreaders" at all, and California is now among the lowest COVID cases / capita in the country. This even though up in the agricultural regions they're still refusing vaccination, holding super-spreader events, and expecting the return of Jesus and Trump. They probably presume the two will share the same stage at rallies. One comment described the region as "Guns, God, and Trump". I stay away from farmers.

The visit to CVS went smoothly and quickly. What wasn't smooth nor quick was hours trying to get through pharmacy Web sites - they must be among the most poorly designed Web sites in existence, especially where COVID is involved. I Finally found one CVS that had the J&J, was close, was taking appointments, and I could actually get through to the appointment system. The Walgreens down the street was listed as having J&J in stock, but the appointment system refused to provide access to that store.

Have my Vax Card now, so where do I apply for my Vaccination Passport so I can wave it at the peasants?
New Re: they must be among the most poorly designed Web sites in existence,...
You should have seen what I went through in making an appointment a the local MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) hospital. It took me hours to make appointments for my wife and myself! They were overloaded with other people doing the same.

The CVS appointments only took minutes.

But, it's great that you're safe now or will be in two weeks!
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New Yes, the CVS site was the best of them, by far.
Finding out who had what and where was not fun. I had gone through the appointment process with Walgreen's. The software said it was done, but left no evidence and no confirming emails came in. I tried everything to find out if the appointment was valid, and couldn't. They just wanted to sell me drugs and grooming products.

I had no choice but to show up, and, nope, no appointment, and a full schedule. The biggest problem was, after finding a site that I wanted, I'd hit the "make appointment" button for it, and be sent directly to their national site, and I'd have to start all over, except the location I wanted wouldn't come up.

not very fun.
New Not sure if the problem was the coding or the timing
Similar story on the CVS site. The first step allowed me to search for local locations that had appointments. I know where the local stores are, so I know I was looking at an already-filtered list.

Click one of them, fill out two screens of info about myself, and it tells me that location had no appointments available.

It's entirely possible there *were* appointments when I started and they filled up before I finished.
--

Drew
New It's always the coding.
Regards,
-scott
New Probably, but ...
On a webcommerce site you might build in a soft-hold feature, so if the product is there when you start the process it reserves it for some period. For ticketing sites this is absolutely a thing.

For the vaccines, though, at the program level they care that someone is getting the shot. I wouldn't have them put the effort into a product-hold feature when the goal is to get needles in arms as fast as possible.
--

Drew
New Even just turning the sequence would have been less grating
i.e. collect the personal data first, then hunt for slots. But for some reason, every site did it the other way round. And then there's **** like Kinney's which forces one to start from scratch every time the first selected slot was gone by the time the rest of the data was entered.

(In the end, we went with the State, even though it was a longer drive. Best decision ever. Turned out they set up camp in an abandoned JC Penney's. Acres of parking and plenty of space inside. And by the time it was my turn, they had cut the data collection to the minimum and reversed the order. Yay! Done in less than a minute.)
New No side effects whatever.
Poke hole pain was gone within minutes, hole disappeared by time I was home. After that, just plain normal for days.
New Excellent!
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
     COVID19 jab #1 of 2 done - (pwhysall) - (26)
         All right, Peter! - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             Re: All right, Peter! - (hnick) - (5)
                 I was just reading about that this morning - (malraux)
                 Re: 2nd Moderna shot. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday - (lincoln) - (1)
                         That’s great! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                 Thanks for the feedback! -NT - (hnick)
         Youngest get just had his 2nd Pfizer - (malraux)
         Any urge yet to climb trees? -NT - (scoenye) - (1)
             Re: Any urge yet to climb trees? - (pwhysall)
         Pfizer #2 today, no issues so far after 11+ hours... -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Mine took 24 hrs before things started acting up - (scoenye)
             Got my second Moderna thursday - (hnick)
             Mine gave me narcolepsy the next day. -NT - (InThane) - (3)
                 I don't need injections to take naps. :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     I'm still down. My wife isn't much better. -NT - (hnick)
                     I'm still down. My wife isn't much better. -NT - (hnick)
         Got the J&J Today. - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
             Re: they must be among the most poorly designed Web sites in existence,... - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                 Yes, the CVS site was the best of them, by far. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                     Not sure if the problem was the coding or the timing - (drook) - (3)
                         It's always the coding. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                             Probably, but ... - (drook) - (1)
                                 Even just turning the sequence would have been less grating - (scoenye)
             No side effects whatever. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Excellent! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

It's the same snivelling little rodent as it always was.
129 ms