Congratulations on getting into Indian cuisines - they are very interesting, though some are a bit spicy for folks who've not yet made their sacrifices to the Chili Gods.

On my Clovegarden site I have about 150 Indian recipes that I have made, most at least twice, photographed, and written up. You may find some of them adaptable to your needs.

Recipes by Region.

I keep my methods fairly traditional, as I have a substantial following in India, and I'm not sure they all have IstaPots there. They do use pressure cookers a lot due to fuel shortage - cuts the burn time, and because they use beans so much, which take substantial cooking. Many Indian recipes give time as "one whistle", "two whistles", or "three whistles".

My main miracle machine is an Indian Mixie, which is in most Indian kitchens. I also use it for most other cuisines.

I admit to not having ever made yogurt, as here in Los Angeles we have a very wide selection of specialty natural yogurts for various ethnicities.

I do make Ghee, and if a recipe calls for it, I use all Ghee. Otherwise I use Pure Olive Oil (not virgin) which is approved by Über Expert Julie Sahni for Indian cooking. I distrust "vegetable oils".

I do agree completely about whole spices. I keep no ground spices, except a tiny jar of ground black pepper which I renew about every week. When I do Indian cooking, I usually keep on hand common spice mixes ground and ready, but they are renewed frequently.

I do admit, however that many of my Indian followers are interested mainly in my ingredients pages. I've been told by emails that, while beans, peas, and lentils are very important in India, they are also very confusing, and my page is the only source that puts them all in understandable order.

Lately, though, I've noticed traffic from the Philippines is now a little more than from India.