IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Texans are selfish and arrogant
(In other words, behaving as expected.)

Made my appointment for my first covid-19 vaccine shot 3 weeks ago, scheduled yesterday at 11:15 AM. Arrived at 11:00 & saw that there was at least 14 people ahead of me. Wife goes to the front and asks, "How far behind are you guys running?" Was told that they weren't running behind at all. Then asks, "My husband's appointment is in 15 minutes and there are all of these people in line ahead of him. What's going on?" Pharmacist answers "We decided to administer shots to people first come, first served." Wife in a frustrated voice "Then what good did it do my husband to make an appointment if you are letting all of these people go ahead of him?" Pharmacist just shrugged his shoulders with a I-don't-give-a-fuck look on his face.

Took an hour for me to reach the head of the line. Got my shot, sat for 15 minutes to see if there was any reaction (there wasn't), and went home. A few hours later the arm started feeling sore, but that's about it.

Next "appointment" is in 4 weeks. I plan on showing up way ahead of my scheduled time to see what happens.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Well, the rules vary depending on who happens to be there.
On the first shots that my wife and I had at a CVS drug store, we were 15 minutes early for me and an hour and a half early for my wife. They let both of get in line because we drove 18 miles to get there.

On the second shots which were scheduled at the same time for us, we got there 15 minutes early. We were told to wait before getting in line because there were some people that hadn't arrived yet that were scheduled ahead of us. We waited 5 minutes walking around the store and then got it line. No idea if those people who were scheduled ahead of us came or not.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Gov. Wheelchair (R-naturally)
opened up the state so that anyone 18 and up could get a vaccine shot starting Monday, March 29th. There were a few people well below that age in line in front of me on Sunday, March 28th. They were definitely selfish and arrogant to get ahead of anyone older or with a medical condition who should have had priority for their shot.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
     Texans are selfish and arrogant - (lincoln) - (2)
         Well, the rules vary depending on who happens to be there. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Gov. Wheelchair (R-naturally) - (lincoln)

It's mercifully free of Britney Timberlake, Backstreet II Men, and Whitney Dion.
48 ms