IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Google Lens tells me...
that it's a 1959 Dodge Sierra station wagon.

But it also looks like the 1959 range had about eleventy-seven different names (Custom Royal, Custom Royal Lancer, etc.).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheers,
Scott.
New 403 Forbidden
New Sorry, I think it's the "no https images here" thing.
(Same reason, as I understand it, that most avatars aren't showing up any more.)

:-(

Maybe this will work.

HTH!

Cheers,
Scott.
New That worked
Christ that's an ugly car.
--

Drew
New Sorry. I meant your Dodge was a 500 R/T.
It's a popular thing to condemn Communism with a misleading (at best) claim about how "every country that tried it turned into a dictatorship while committing uncountable atrocities." I don't think the atrocities committed by Capitalists are any less evil (particularly in the US) and it is hard to listen to that sort of statement from anyone who lives in the luxury of the evils perpetrated by Capitalism criticize Communism for the very same types of things that Capitalists did. I'll stick with the US. I think it is beyond dispute that the success of Capitalism in this country is built on a foundation of slavery, genocide and outright terror that has not been equaled. For example, many nations have developed nuclear weapons but only one has demonstrated the willingness to use them against the elderly, men, women and children and that nation did so twice and threatened to do it a third time. How's that work with the "morally superior" argument Capitalists often astonishingly try to make? Perhaps we could try to find some of the handfuls of indigenous who survived the Capitalists attempt to wipe them out and ask them if they see any parallels with what Stalin did or even Capitalist Germany in the late 30's and early 40's.

You'll forgive me if I cannot take seriously complaints about how evil Communist doctrine has been deployed from a Capitalist. Without the child labor, slavery, maltreatment of the masses and theft from other nations, no Capitalist nation could exist. It's unwise in the extreme for a Capitalist to start talking about crimes against humanity committed by nominally Communist nations. A Capitalist doing that is engaged in the most hypocritical whataboutism.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt March 25, 2021, 10:05:31 AM EDT
New The only thing I mentioned was people dying trying to flee. HTH.
New Some of those things are orthogonal
When you say capitalism has only worked because of the exploitation of minorities, that's a reasonable argument. The labor of the subjugated is a direct input to the capitalist system.

But when you tie that to military strategy and the use of nukes, I don't see how that was inherent to capitalism. We used them first because we made them work first, and it happened while we were engaged in a huge bloody war. I'm not saying that makes it right or wrong, just that the unique circumstances weren't about the economic system.

If anything, given the number of German refugee scientists on the Manhattan project, it would make more sense to attribute development of nukes to fascism.
--

Drew
     The Sovietization of the American Press by Matt Taibbi - (boxley) - (42)
         Taibbi has morphed into a proto-fascist in the past few years. It is sad. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             Vlad knows what he did. -NT - (Another Scott) - (39)
                 Is there a particular thing (or two) to which you are referring? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                     Stories of his infamous behavior in Moscow. - (Another Scott) - (37)
                         Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                             I've been watching you post about the wonders of mother Russia for years - (crazy) - (35)
                                 The Soviet Union, maybe. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                     Oh so heartfelt. Oh so meaningless. - (crazy) - (33)
                                         +1 - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                             Thank you and now you've given me a chance for an I told you so moment. - (crazy) - (8)
                                                 That was my optimistic side taking over. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                     So you're saying my memory is better than Google's? - (crazy)
                                                     On the other hand on bit confused on the Google comment - (crazy) - (5)
                                                         I only got 3 hits when I did a "site:..." search. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             Found the thread - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                 Heh... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                     We should review old arguments and tally up points. - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                         Myanmar *almost* escaped from a military junta. -NT - (static)
                                             Also: did you listen to music or did you just bounce along on the post? - (crazy) - (5)
                                                 I only rarely have the sound on. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     If you wish to give another one a shot - (crazy)
                                                     A looker? That's Annie dammit have some respect - (crazy) - (2)
                                                         And back on subject - (crazy)
                                                         No laugh on the linked song. - (crazy)
                                             I understand crazy is, well, nuts. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                 Sorry for the mistaken recollection. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                     Capitalism is not as humane as many believe. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                         Whataboutism isn't productive. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                             Also, talk about your "dodges". That was Charger 500 R/T. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 Google Lens tells me... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     403 Forbidden -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                         Sorry, I think it's the "no https images here" thing. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             That worked - (drook)
                                                                     Sorry. I meant your Dodge was a 500 R/T. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                         The only thing I mentioned was people dying trying to flee. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                         Some of those things are orthogonal - (drook)
                                                 I'm not asking you to defend a specific end result, ie: Russia - (crazy) - (2)
                                                     Right on! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                         Or as attributed to Stalin . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         May want to fix that Uighur thingy - (scoenye) - (1)
                                             Picky picky - (crazy)
             I haven't been following him, but his comments solved that for me - (drook)

LRPD Who Must Be Obeyed.
192 ms