IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New On the other hand on bit confused on the Google comment
I use the site: syntax all the time to search various sites including this one. I've learned most sites don't actually have to have a site search function because Google just do it for you. I don't claim to care to the level to actually find that historical post. I played for a moment and then realized that I really didn't care and stopped. But I'm sure I could track it down if I really had to.

I tried to explain the Way Back Machine to M a couple days ago. There is this resource that attempts to snapshot web pages at various stages to allow us to go back and see the historical versions of them. That is what the way back machine is.

The reason you really want this is to determine when people are lying to you. They claim s*** didn't happen and we know better because we look at the way back machine. The way back machine guards against propaganda.
New I only got 3 hits when I did a "site:..." search.
I did:

site:forum.iwethey.org "Another Scott" Kim

or something like that.

I know there was much more out there...

The Wayback Machine is great, but I can't figure out how to use it except by date. I can't seem to tell it to search a site for something in, say, 2006. I have to go through the snapshots one by one and click and read and click and read and hope I get lucky. I understand that an index of sites there would be impractically huge and CPU intensive, but still it's unfortunate that it's not easier to pick out stuff that you know is buried there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Heh...
You may end up being right, and history tells us you're likely to be right, ...

Seems like I learned to put enough qualifications in my comments!

Hehe.

Cheers,
Scott.
New We should review old arguments and tally up points.
Assad is still in charge of Syria. We were both wrong on that.

North Korea is still saber-rattling. That's my win.

Burma / Myanmar has swapped back to a military junta dictatorship. Not sure what your position on that was but I considered that country one of the few that escaped from a military junta. I was wrong.
Expand Edited by crazy March 27, 2021, 12:23:31 PM EDT
New Myanmar *almost* escaped from a military junta.
     The Sovietization of the American Press by Matt Taibbi - (boxley) - (42)
         Taibbi has morphed into a proto-fascist in the past few years. It is sad. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             Vlad knows what he did. -NT - (Another Scott) - (39)
                 Is there a particular thing (or two) to which you are referring? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                     Stories of his infamous behavior in Moscow. - (Another Scott) - (37)
                         Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                             I've been watching you post about the wonders of mother Russia for years - (crazy) - (35)
                                 The Soviet Union, maybe. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                     Oh so heartfelt. Oh so meaningless. - (crazy) - (33)
                                         +1 - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                             Thank you and now you've given me a chance for an I told you so moment. - (crazy) - (8)
                                                 That was my optimistic side taking over. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                     So you're saying my memory is better than Google's? - (crazy)
                                                     On the other hand on bit confused on the Google comment - (crazy) - (5)
                                                         I only got 3 hits when I did a "site:..." search. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             Found the thread - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                 Heh... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                     We should review old arguments and tally up points. - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                         Myanmar *almost* escaped from a military junta. -NT - (static)
                                             Also: did you listen to music or did you just bounce along on the post? - (crazy) - (5)
                                                 I only rarely have the sound on. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     If you wish to give another one a shot - (crazy)
                                                     A looker? That's Annie dammit have some respect - (crazy) - (2)
                                                         And back on subject - (crazy)
                                                         No laugh on the linked song. - (crazy)
                                             I understand crazy is, well, nuts. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                 Sorry for the mistaken recollection. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                     Capitalism is not as humane as many believe. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                         Whataboutism isn't productive. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                             Also, talk about your "dodges". That was Charger 500 R/T. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 Google Lens tells me... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     403 Forbidden -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                         Sorry, I think it's the "no https images here" thing. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             That worked - (drook)
                                                                     Sorry. I meant your Dodge was a 500 R/T. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                         The only thing I mentioned was people dying trying to flee. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                         Some of those things are orthogonal - (drook)
                                                 I'm not asking you to defend a specific end result, ie: Russia - (crazy) - (2)
                                                     Right on! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                         Or as attributed to Stalin . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         May want to fix that Uighur thingy - (scoenye) - (1)
                                             Picky picky - (crazy)
             I haven't been following him, but his comments solved that for me - (drook)

Little fluffy clouds.
428 ms