IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I only rarely have the sound on.
I don't think I've heard them before. They're good, but not quite my cup of tea.

She's a looker and has a great voice.

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
Scott.
New If you wish to give another one a shot
https://youtu.be/m8xXJ6CnvdQ

This is a trip to the fair. we started every trip with this song approximately 45 minutes in. Beginning of peak. And then we did a decompress and discussion on the song.

Then we moved to the artist of the experience. But trip to the fair always was the beginning. an oddity of the song is that it is essentially an anti-psychedelic experience song. But is done so well for people under the influence that is incredibly enjoyable if you can suspend the level of doom in the background. that in turn goes for a great discussion after the song while you're just starting to peak.
New A looker? That's Annie dammit have some respect
Hehehe.

So here's the deal. I've seen Annie so many times in concert. And Annie is just like my mom. Annie has the same insane laugh, the same insane shrieks, my mom just couldn't put those notes together in the same way. But Annie is just like my mom.

I took my father to see Annie. It was a Father's Day present. My brother and I bought tickets to see Renaissance to take my father to see them. And as we're waiting in line my father says see if we can get better tickets than the lawn seats then we have. So my brother goes and manages to turn my tickets in to box seats 20 rows out.

Why would we take my father to see Renaissance?

Because a couple months before that my father sat in my room while the song I just posted, a Trip to the fair, played on my stereo. It was a 35 w marantz and in those days that meant some serious s*** and my father sat between those speakers while it was on 7/8. He was taking my temperature so he had to sit there while that laugh came out and then blew him away.

So when it became apparent to me, this guy that loves mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy, kind of guy, is grooving to this we have to get him to a concert.

Have you ever taken someone to a concert that has never been to a real concert? I mean where the base notes vibrate your guts out and if you're not ready for it you're going to s*** or puke but if you are you're going to love it?

I took my dad to a real concert.
New And back on subject
Annie would have been killed in Mike moffett's dream political world. Can't have those singers talking about those things.
New No laugh on the linked song.
I went YouTube surfing and found a decent, or so what I thought was decent, video of the song. But it doesn't match the song of my youth.

In that beginning piano crescendo there is this insane laughter that just cuts through it and then leads into the lyrics. At least that's how the original album was. But they decided not to do that in that video concert. Not amused because that laughter was a cornerstone moment of that song. Oh well. Still damn fine.

And Another, you can stop fantasizing on the looker on this one because it's 20 or 30 years later. Reality. Not really. It's another 10 to 15 years after that.

If you want to hear the difference, ie: what I'm talking about the laughter, check out the following link at around 2:04.

https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+renaissance+trip+to+the+fair&oq=&aqs=chrome.0.35i39i362l5...5.-1j0j7&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:669fb34c,vid:bKh4kqMiV-I,st:0
Expand Edited by crazy March 21, 2021, 06:06:31 PM EDT
     The Sovietization of the American Press by Matt Taibbi - (boxley) - (42)
         Taibbi has morphed into a proto-fascist in the past few years. It is sad. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             Vlad knows what he did. -NT - (Another Scott) - (39)
                 Is there a particular thing (or two) to which you are referring? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                     Stories of his infamous behavior in Moscow. - (Another Scott) - (37)
                         Thanks. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                             I've been watching you post about the wonders of mother Russia for years - (crazy) - (35)
                                 The Soviet Union, maybe. - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                     Oh so heartfelt. Oh so meaningless. - (crazy) - (33)
                                         +1 - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                             Thank you and now you've given me a chance for an I told you so moment. - (crazy) - (8)
                                                 That was my optimistic side taking over. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                     So you're saying my memory is better than Google's? - (crazy)
                                                     On the other hand on bit confused on the Google comment - (crazy) - (5)
                                                         I only got 3 hits when I did a "site:..." search. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                             Found the thread - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                 Heh... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                     We should review old arguments and tally up points. - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                         Myanmar *almost* escaped from a military junta. -NT - (static)
                                             Also: did you listen to music or did you just bounce along on the post? - (crazy) - (5)
                                                 I only rarely have the sound on. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                     If you wish to give another one a shot - (crazy)
                                                     A looker? That's Annie dammit have some respect - (crazy) - (2)
                                                         And back on subject - (crazy)
                                                         No laugh on the linked song. - (crazy)
                                             I understand crazy is, well, nuts. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                 Sorry for the mistaken recollection. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                     Capitalism is not as humane as many believe. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                                                         Whataboutism isn't productive. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                                                             Also, talk about your "dodges". That was Charger 500 R/T. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 Google Lens tells me... - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                     403 Forbidden -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                                         Sorry, I think it's the "no https images here" thing. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             That worked - (drook)
                                                                     Sorry. I meant your Dodge was a 500 R/T. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                         The only thing I mentioned was people dying trying to flee. HTH. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                         Some of those things are orthogonal - (drook)
                                                 I'm not asking you to defend a specific end result, ie: Russia - (crazy) - (2)
                                                     Right on! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                         Or as attributed to Stalin . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         May want to fix that Uighur thingy - (scoenye) - (1)
                                             Picky picky - (crazy)
             I haven't been following him, but his comments solved that for me - (drook)

Disputants more fiendish than the Great Hyperlobic Omni-Cognate Neutron Wrangler of Ciceronicus Twelve, the Magic and Indefatigable!
440 ms