Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Read that again, he's not talking about storage
He's talking about 1 TB of cache.
--

Drew
New RAID 1 - 500 GB
Hey, it's there, it's paid for, I might as well have it turned on. ;-)

It's mainly TimeMachine backups for our Macs, though there are lots of photos from our various cameras as well.

The DS214 is full and ungodly slow in its present state, so I have decided to finally decommission it and add a couple more 12 GB drives to the 918 so I won't have to worry about it for a while. 5+ years out of 2x4 GB on the DS214 with no issues, so I'm pretty happy.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oh, so you're a digital hoarder
Is it time for an intervention?
--

Drew
New :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New I'm Ok. So far.
I'm not Steve Mann. I'm not a LifeLogger.

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I recommend curating your photos, if you're not already
You don't need 15 very slightly different attempts at that shot of you standing in front of that thing on holiday. Pick the best one, delete the rest. You'll thank me later. Also, it means that you'll actually look at them after taking them, which I'm pretty convinced doesn't happen for the vast majority of digital photos.

Or do what some of my friends on FB do, which is share an album of 150 pictures which is actually only really 20 or so.

Many photo libraries now are just terabytes of digital sludge.
New One of my retirement tasks. It'll be a while. :-) Thanks.
New Please contribute to my Kickstarter, "Digital Sludge"
Cheap cloud storage for for stuff you'll probably never look at again.
--

Drew
     So, I've got a couple of Synology NAS boxes at home. - (Another Scott) - (12)
         Is there something you cam measure before and after? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (11)
             Maybe... - (Another Scott) - (10)
                 Damn, what kind of work are you doing that needs that? -NT - (drook) - (9)
                     Re: Damn, what kind of work are you doing that needs that? - (pwhysall) - (8)
                         Read that again, he's not talking about storage - (drook) - (7)
                             RAID 1 - 500 GB - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                 Oh, so you're a digital hoarder - (drook) - (2)
                                     :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                     I'm Ok. So far. - (Another Scott)
                                 I recommend curating your photos, if you're not already - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                     One of my retirement tasks. It'll be a while. :-) Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Please contribute to my Kickstarter, "Digital Sludge" - (drook)

I don't want to write it, and you don't want to see it.
100 ms