IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I bet the weight sensor switch for the passanger seat was temporarily stuck ON.
Although clicking the seatbelt could have made that OK. But, it could be the seatbelt needs to be stretched so as not permit people to sit unbelted on an otherwise latched seatbelt.

Briefly pressing down on the seat might have reset the weight sensor.

Just a thought.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Turned out to be a faulty connection in the buckle.
I tried everything, including putting weight on it. The only thing that seemed to help was turning the car of and waiting for a half an hour.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Probably similar on J's Corolla.
It thinks the driver's buckle isn't fastened about 5% of the time. No dinging, fortunately, just a flashing light in the instrument pod. Usually, pulling the belt out all the way (while buckled) and letting it retract eventually gets it to turn off. Not always, though.

It always raises our blood pressure when we go to get the thing inspected...

Cheers,
Scott.
     Carvana supplied Kia Niro 2017 50K miles - (crazy) - (22)
         You're going to spend the first week asking, "WTF is beeping at me? What's wrong?" - (drook) - (8)
             Really? You talking to me? - (crazy) - (7)
                 Oh, base model, no beepy then -NT - (drook)
                 Just happened - (crazy) - (5)
                     That's maddening - (malraux) - (4)
                         I bet the weight sensor switch for the passanger seat was temporarily stuck ON. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Turned out to be a faulty connection in the buckle. - (malraux) - (1)
                                 Probably similar on J's Corolla. - (Another Scott)
                         "Alert. Loneliness detected. Alert. Loneliness detected. Alert. Loneliness detected." -NT - (pwhysall)
         Reminds me of my mum's Suzuki Swift. - (static) - (4)
             Interesting. I had a Suzuki as an option a couple years ago. - (crazy) - (3)
                 Swifts are known to be good. - (static)
                 Never drive a Mitsubishi or ride a Yamaha, then. - (CRConrad)
                 wat - (pwhysall)
         I've known three people who have owned Kias personally. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             And then you have me - (crazy) - (6)
                 Also I really had no choice in the previous vehicle - (crazy)
                 I remember you liking the previous Kia. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Good timing to be asking about it - (crazy) - (3)
                         Sounds good. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             This Kia was 52 miles per gallon in local suburb traffic - (crazy) - (1)
                                 Next day of driving gave me 65 mpg - (crazy)

The key; The whole key; And nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
170 ms