IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Love my raspberry pi and it doesn't get any cheaper
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/build-the-ultimate-4k-home-theatre-pc-using-a-raspberry-pi-4-and-kodi/

According to the above you can do a kodi install and it'll handle the bandwidth.

I have no idea what resolution it's throwing my TV right now but it's the biggest best monitor I've ever used, and I don't notice any dropouts in video when web surfing and then playing videos.

So 100 bucks for the raspberry pi with the keyboard built in (really take the fully constructed model, you're not building hardware for the sake of building hardware) and then another 20 bucks for a tiny remote keyboard should be all you need.
New But do you really need a real media center?
Are you downloading movies and streaming them up or are you playing a service or a web page? Have you actually used kodi or were you using some built-in default application?

Can you get away with simply putting in a Chromecast? All my streaming applications and web surfing is on my phone which I throw at my TV via the Chromecast. Android phone. Chromecast is incredibly cheap compared to a computer solution. What activity do you want on that TV that you can't do via Chromecast? You should also be able to throw your laptop screen to the TV via Chromecast.
New This
But if you're scratching a nerd itch, go for it. I totally get that.
     Media PCs... - (InThane) - (9)
         Something tells me you want to try this post again. -NT - (crazy) - (1)
             Fixed - (InThane)
         Love my raspberry pi and it doesn't get any cheaper - (crazy) - (2)
             But do you really need a real media center? - (crazy) - (1)
                 This - (pwhysall)
         4K is not just about having horsepower - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Agreed, with some caveats. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 It's not about whether it's bulletproof "yet" - (drook) - (1)
                     One of the latest was HDCP v2. - (static)

Courage is your greatest present need.
89 ms