IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The flight starting in DFW is perfect, isn't it?
There's so much about that story that just seems too prototypical Ugly American/Texan/Drunk Karen/etc. no matter where they're from.

I'm glad he spoke up. That crap won't stop unless people do so.

Thanks for the pointer.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Could be from anywhere.
The overt racism is typically from people from the north. Seriously. People from the south are too damn kind and they want to be judged kind and they aren't typically overt racists, they're just dealing with society as they think it works. Except the KKK bastards of course. I'm just talking about the default polite society. The guys from the north are the seriously overt racists, they recognize what they were doing and they just don't care.

I'm talking as the Jew that got to hear everything they said by default when they didn't realize I wasn't really a white guy.

So don't focus on the airport of source please.
New what crazy said
Kelly Pichardo, 30, and Leeza Rodriguez, 29 are hardly gringo names
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New And no longer thinking Karen
I'm thinking default N word usage referring to each other, as punctuation, etc. Nothing hostile about it.

Wrong place wrong time, different kind of idiots.

So Karens? Nah.
New Yeah, every generalization is false.
I guess I was reminded of taking a Southwest flight from Austin to DC many years ago, in W's time. Sen. Cornyn was a few rows ahead of us in the wing exit row (more legroom).

Nobody made a fuss or anything.

Until we landed, and then some jackass made the point of loudly thanking the good senator for "keeping us safe" and trying to start some applause (and getting a few to participate, while the rest of us just wanted to get off the plane and get home).

Yeah, he might not have been from Texas, either. I shouldn't assume. But it's so easy sometimes! ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Too many people fly.
A round trip, coast to coast flight on a DC-3 cost $300.00 in 1940. That's a little over $5,500 today. If the cost of an airplane ticket had remained constant and a NY to LAX ticket cost over five grand with all other shorter flights being similarly priced, do you think you'd see the sort of behavior commercial flight crews have to put up with every flight? I don't.

Pricing the Neanderthals out may be the only way to limit this nonsense. Median household income is around 70K. Half of households would have to make a significant effort to save up for a flight and I'd wager that after having done so they'd be more inclined to behave themselves.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Wait: Price out the proletariat?
That doesn't sound very Communist of you.
New I know. My father just flipped over in his grave.
But the Trump election and 74 million voting for him again in 2020 has completely flipped my views. There is nothing noble about the American proletariat. Probably there never was, but clearly, today there isn't.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New [ Insert my J's story about drunk Russian businessmen on Aeroflot to Ireland ]
     I like how this unfolds as you envision the Karen's behavior - (crazy) - (15)
         The flight starting in DFW is perfect, isn't it? - (Another Scott) - (9)
             Could be from anywhere. - (crazy) - (4)
                 what crazy said - (boxley)
                 Like NY - (crazy) - (2)
                     And no longer thinking Karen - (crazy) - (1)
                         Yeah, every generalization is false. - (Another Scott)
             Too many people fly. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 Wait: Price out the proletariat? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     I know. My father just flipped over in his grave. - (mmoffitt)
                 [ Insert my J's story about drunk Russian businessmen on Aeroflot to Ireland ] -NT - (Another Scott)
         On "Karen" - (InThane) - (4)
             Okay Brad -NT - (crazy) - (1)
                 Donald. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             I think Karen transferred over ... - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Amazing it wasn't Kate, a la "John and Kate Plus 8" ... she's the literal archetype - (drook)

Simple... there is a forum function for this.
118 ms