IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Some craziness, shhhh?
Hey Peter: have you ever tried a large trackball?

20 years ago I had a coworker who used a Kensington expert metals and I laughed at him. He said he was mesphobic.

A couple of years later I realize that the intense pain in my wrist was because of how I used a mouse and there's nothing I could do about it. My forearm to my pinky was f*****. And then I try to Kensington expert mouse which relieve my pain and allowed my ability to focus the pointer to be much much better as compared to a mouse, at least for me.

There was a training time. when something is on the other side of the screen with a mouse your arm and your wrist actually have to go move and push stuff. When you deal with the track ball you hit it. You tap it and let it spin in the direction where you want it to go and then you grab it at the moment right before it gets near it so you could focus closely. It is so much different from a mouse that there is no initial comparison but you might find that this particular method of interacting with the computer is better than a mouse. Problem is it takes a month or so before you cross the threshold.
New Actually, yes
In a previous job, I suffered with arm/shoulder pain, and the occupational health person recommended I try a trackball. I had one of those Logitech ones with the red ball. Whilst it didn't do much to alleviate the problem (a change of posture and having my office chair and desk set up properly sorted that out; the chair was too low, the monitor was too high, and basically all my personal geometry was wrong), I found that I didn't make a good mental connection between the trackball and the pointer. It was an exercise in frustration.

Input devices are fiercely personal. I've also encountered people who use those vertical mice, whereby your hand rests with the edge of the palm on the mouse mat. I can't point at shit with one of those, but everyone I know who chose one absolutely swears by it.

These days, I try not to be sat down for more than an hour or so at a time without getting up, having a stretch, and I've not had a problem for years. Fingers crossed.
     New mouse day! - (pwhysall) - (6)
         RGB, as in it lights up? -NT - (drook) - (5)
             Yup - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 My keyboard has that shit. - (InThane) - (1)
                     I leave the rainbow wave going on mine. - (pwhysall)
             Some craziness, shhhh? - (crazy) - (1)
                 Actually, yes - (pwhysall)

Better get a sitter for the kids and spend our waning hours dry-humping amongst a bunch of stalagtites.
46 ms