IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Rush Limbaugh croaks
and with the streets icing over I can't go out and get a bottle of Champagne.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New just think hard about him during your next bowel movement
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New And the world improves.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New "I will not attend his funeral. But I will write a letter in support of it."
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I will now pontificate on all the positive changes he made to the world:
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New And what will you do with the other 8.64e+13 - 1 nanoseconds in your day?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Cut the guy a break
He was just trying to do something appropriate to observe Black History Month.
--

Drew
New He certainly proved himself capable of doing one good deed.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Re: Rush Limbaugh croaks

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Yep. No respect
When I was around 22 I remember hearing him for the first time. I worked with this woman who was a production manager in the graphic arts environment. She was smart, talented and amazing individual. But she listened to Rush. She was raised in the sticks of southern New Jersey. You don't often think about those people but she was a piney.

She was my lunch buddy, my work wife. I probably spent six years with her everyday debating that a****** on the radio. She loved him. Other than that she was the perfect woman. But of course loving rush means a whole shitload of undiagnosed stuff going on. So she was perfect on the surface.
Expand Edited by crazy Feb. 19, 2021, 08:35:33 AM EST
New I'd never heard of him until I moved to Indiana in 1986.
I was working in a golf shop and a co-worker who became (and still is) one of my closest friends mentioned him. Smiling snarkily, he'd often say, "Well, you know what Rush says?" and then grin like a Cheshire cat. The joke was entirely lost on me. After a few weeks of this I asked him, "Who is this "Rush" character you keep referring to?" He was astounded I had not heard of him and quickly informed me to which local AM station I should tune. One show (actually no more than ten minutes of a show) was enough. The next time I worked with my friend I said, "Jesus Christ, xxxx! What the hell is that?" He laughed quite hard for a few minutes and then looked around and whispered, "He's the guy most of the people you meet up here listen to daily and believe every word." I again thought he was joking, but he wasn't. Every future Medal of Freedom candidate should refuse to accept it.
bcnu,
Mikem

New He wasn't joking but those people were hiding.
As we now see there are 75 million Americans who align themselves with certain thought processes that we previously thought were dying? Did we? Did we think we would grow out of those attitudes and opinions? Nope. Actually yep, we had a certain level of confidence that as a civilization we were growing up. But that's not the case.

I thought demographics would win when I thought about it about 20 years ago. Sooner or later those that come up to age and live through whatever will then control their future. I was wrong. those in charge will hold on to as long as possible and screw up the voting with the gerrymandering. There is no demographic win until we get 70% or so. Actual 50 + 1 don't mean s***.

So now we see those people were hiding. They let their true selves be known to a few close individuals but for the most part they kept their mouth shut because it was dangerous to their future, to their position in society, to their standing.

So now we hear about the cancel culture. that simply means that people realize they don't want to be part of other people's poor decisions. So leave me alone and be part of yourself with your craziness and you've been canceled in my spending patterns. The cancel culture is the cornerstone of what allows any culture simply to move forward and to discard s*** it doesn't want anymore. So you can tell this annoys me.

I am not going to survive long enough for the patterns of gerrymandering of the last hundred years to be fixed. I'm going to be dead before it's fixed. But I can see the fixing is happening so I smile a little. It's going to be a while and I will not survive it though.
New "Cancel culture" is just the name they put on boycotts that they don't support
--

Drew
     Rush Limbaugh croaks - (lincoln) - (12)
         just think hard about him during your next bowel movement -NT - (boxley)
         And the world improves. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         "I will not attend his funeral. But I will write a letter in support of it." -NT - (mmoffitt)
         I will now pontificate on all the positive changes he made to the world: -NT - (InThane) - (1)
             And what will you do with the other 8.64e+13 - 1 nanoseconds in your day? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Cut the guy a break - (drook) - (1)
             He certainly proved himself capable of doing one good deed. -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Re: Rush Limbaugh croaks - (lincoln) - (4)
             Yep. No respect - (crazy) - (3)
                 I'd never heard of him until I moved to Indiana in 1986. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     He wasn't joking but those people were hiding. - (crazy) - (1)
                         "Cancel culture" is just the name they put on boycotts that they don't support -NT - (drook)

I think mushrooms are like steroids in this. See how you get bigger and stronger?
109 ms