IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yeah!
Got my first Moderna shot on Saturday at a CVS.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Get that thermal exhaust port, yay!
That really was a good comic. I had my pfizer's. M is a frontline worker. M's boss had to order a certain number of doses based on how many employees and patients would be getting it. And at that point those morons, or at least a significant portion of them, said no. So he was an emergency situation. He had to go find people to use these doses or the doses are going to go bad. They were out of the freezer and had a certain amount of hours until they had to be used. So they called all the spouses of the workers and said get your ass in here if you want to dose.

The next day after the first dose hurt like hell. Simply was pain in my arm. Then it went away. No reaction from the second dose at all. I assume it's because I was previously infected and my body knows all about it.

Get the thermal exhaust port, I really like that.
New No reaction is a bit weird
The body should go all out against the 2nd dose as it recognizes the invader. That is why the effects are worse. (Went through that with Shingrix last year. 1st dose reaction was noticeable with ~24 hour delay. 2nd dose almost knocked me out same day.)
New Yeah but: what if the second dose is equivalent to a fourth infection?
I'm pretty sure that I had it twice, no testing involved, but I'm pretty damn sure. Then I had the vaccine. So the first vaccine is equivalent to a third infection and the second vaccine is equivalent to a fourth infection.

Does the body's immune system get better at focusing its energy on destroying the enemy as opposed to total immune response which is inflammatory which makes you feel like crap? As people are exposed more and more would it not make sense that our reaction to the given stimulus is less and less because we're really good at just wiping it out?

Totally clueless. Just making crap up.
New I don't think the backend learns new tricks
Antibodies short the recognition phase and speed up the release of killer cells but AFAIK, that mechanism doesn't change no matter how often one gets infected.
New But if it shorts the recognition phase it needs far less killer cells
Immediate reaction means localized to where the infection is being introduced to your body. as opposed to it had a while before that recognition really kicked in and then the infection had a chance to multiply all over the place which in turn means your antibody/inflammation system has to go into overdrive just based on quantity of cells it has to fight.
New My wife got the Moderna
Mild reaction on first shot (itchy rash and sore arm for a few days) then nothing after that. We either haven't gotten it or all had no symptoms.
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
     XKCD is cool today - (drook) - (7)
         Yeah! - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
             Get that thermal exhaust port, yay! - (crazy) - (5)
                 No reaction is a bit weird - (scoenye) - (4)
                     Yeah but: what if the second dose is equivalent to a fourth infection? - (crazy) - (2)
                         I don't think the backend learns new tricks - (scoenye) - (1)
                             But if it shorts the recognition phase it needs far less killer cells - (crazy)
                     My wife got the Moderna - (InThane)

RESISTANCE IS USELESS!
187 ms