IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Vox had it right back in 2017
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/12/15621140/interpret-trump

We badly want to understand Trump, to grasp him. It might give us some sense of control, or at least an ability to predict what he will do next.

But what if there’s nothing to understand? What if there’s no there there? What if our attempts to explain Trump have failed not because we haven’t hit on the right one, but because we are, theory-of-mind-wise, overinterpreting the text?

In short, what if Trump is exactly as he appears: a hopeless narcissist with the attention span of a fruit fly, unable to maintain consistent beliefs or commitments from moment to moment, acting on base instinct, entirely situationally, to bolster his terrifyingly fragile ego.

We’re not really prepared to deal with that.
--

Drew
New What took them so long? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Comment I had from a politics reporter.
Not a guy I personally know but we have chatted a little on Twitter. He said that the world knows how to deal with politicians, such as former VP Pence. The world doesn't know how to deal with someone like Trump who is clearly _not_ a politician.

Wade.
     Vox had it right back in 2017 - (drook) - (2)
         What took them so long? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Comment I had from a politics reporter. - (static)

Specifically, why is he still allowed to make them?
36 ms