IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pixels are good
My philosophy is the less people fuck with the experience, the better. With Samsung, you have Google + Samsung fucking with the experience; straight Google sucks less, plus you get updates faster.

I recently swapped over to iOS for reasons; my experience with it is that the only thing it does better than Android is "polish".
Ceterum autem censeo pars Republican esse delendam.
New Just ordered a Moto G Power
I called a few repair shops and the only one that answered asked what model the phone was and immediately told me $149. I hadn't even told them what was wrong with it yet.

I started doing some research, figuring I'd pick a phone then make sure it's compatible with Fi. Then facepalmed and looked up what they had for sale directly from their site. Found this one, which is the current #1 recommended budget phone from a few places at $249. But currently with a $200 discount from Fi.

So compared to my current phone:
* better camera - higher res main and selfie lens, plus wide and macro lenses
* better battery
* twice the storage
* supports additional MicroSD
* faster processor
* $49 + shipping vs. $149 to fix

The only downsides are: lower resolution display, and it's bigger so the pixel density may be noticeable; and it shoots video at lower resolution. It also doesn't have NFC or DLNA, but I don't use those. Oh, and the Pixel was grandfathered into their lifetime free photo storage.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Jan. 25, 2021, 05:35:27 PM EST
New Looks like a very sensible choice. Good luck with it!
     What's a good Android phone? - (drook) - (6)
         Pick a budget, check Swappa. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             I'm also on Fi, will check the ones you mention, thanks -NT - (drook) - (4)
                 I'm happy with my pixel 3xl - (crazy)
                 Pixels are good - (InThane) - (2)
                     Just ordered a Moto G Power - (drook) - (1)
                         Looks like a very sensible choice. Good luck with it! -NT - (Another Scott)

Rooms were made for carpets, towers made for spires. Ships were made for cannonade to fire off from inside them.
81 ms