IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Brother's COVID is worse than I'd heard
I haven't mentioned this here but a cousin called a couple of weeks ago and told me that my brother went to the hospital for what the family thought was a broken foot and that he was diagnosed with COVID while he was there. He's easily 100 lb overweight, so the broken foot didn't surprise me. Apparently he'd been limping around on a sore foot for at least a week. But he didn't seem to have any symptoms, so that's good anyway.

He was just transferred from the hospital to a nursing home because he still needs rehab but isn't urgent anymore and they needed the bed. My aunt got his cell phone to him and I talked to him. It wasn't a broken foot, it was ischemia - lack of blood flow - due to COVID-related blood clots. He had a 4-compartment fasciotomy. (Don't look it up unless you have images turned off or a strong stomach.) They opened up his leg from his knee to his ankle to relieve pressure, and removed multiple clots.

He's been in the hospital for 4 weeks, and is looking at another couple before he can walk without assistance.
--

Drew
New :-( Hoping for the best. Hang in there.
New That's sad! Sure hope he recovers soon!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Re: Brother's COVID is worse than I'd heard
A friend I know locally had that happen a few years back... of course, not covid related. It was brutally hard on him. Best wishes to your brother.
     Brother's COVID is worse than I'd heard - (drook) - (3)
         :-( Hoping for the best. Hang in there. -NT - (Another Scott)
         That's sad! Sure hope he recovers soon! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: Brother's COVID is worse than I'd heard - (jake123)

66F9B5249D4C8E993B5B8B16B9C81984
4F06FC537197DBF2AC2FB6AF67914ED1
232AE29D09A35432F6959F8774AF23C4
F4A0AB2A9E7E61AD86736E9407D945F4
62 ms