IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I've played around with it some more.
Thanks for your comments. This is all pretty new to me.

It works great on the two old receivers I've tried, using a second one of the Bluetooth boxes, but the name is the same in the Bluetooth settings. Not surprising, but might be an annoyance in the future (if they're both on at the same time).

The sound was a bit muddled in our JBL tower speakers when playing through my phone, so I decided to try an equalizer app on my S20+. Wavelet seemed to get a decent review at AndroidPolice, so that's what I tried. It's got customized settings for my Sony WF-1000XM3 wireless earbuds, so I decided to pay the $5.49 and try that setting first (after messing around with the free settings a bit).

WOW! It made a huge, huge difference in the clarity of the JBLs (even though they're obviously nothing like each other)! I might try to customize the settings more, but I may not bother. (I've had these JBL towers for maybe 15 years now and they've never sounded as clear and natural as I had hoped even trying the various EQ settings on the Yamaha receiver. They're so much better now!)

It's really amazing what electronics and software is able to do these days!! :-)

Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Scott.
New EQing dodgy speakers is a bit of an art.
And one most people are bad at and frequently know they are bad at. This would be the attraction of an app that has built-in presets for so many existing headphones and speakers. :-)

First wrong thing most people do is boost highs and/or lows. This is the wrong thing to do mostly because it robs dynamic range. The correct thing to do is reduce the unwanted band, usually around 4kHz range because that's where our ears are the most sensitive and thus where speaker drivers frequently peak.

I'm a little surprised your JBL towers needed some adjustment.

Wade.
     Bluetooth receiver for old home stereos. - (Another Scott) - (3)
         That's a good one! - (static) - (2)
             I've played around with it some more. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 EQing dodgy speakers is a bit of an art. - (static)

It doesn’t get tagged as pathological, even if using it means you ignore actual people.
66 ms