IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, I can do a little better
The next larger box - listed as "small form factor" - has 4x4GB slots, with currently a single 2GB stick. I'll re-image it to match the one I'm currently on, then raid the 2x1GB sticks from this to double it up.*

I also checked the big box. Old skool full tower case. It's got 4 slots and currently has 512 loaded. That's 2x256MB. And I was using that for Gimp and Lyx when I was working on the food blog and books.

* [edit] Nope, first thing I'll try is just swap the HD from the tiny one to the merely-small one. If that works I'll order a couple 4GB sticks for it. Yup, just checked the rest of the specs: CPU on the target box is APD Sempron vs Pentium 4, same speed, so the AMD wins benchmarks. HD on the current box is 500GB vs 160GB on the target. Optical drive on current is CD vs DVD/CD combo on the target. I'll take the HD and the RAM into the new case. Be back in 15 minutes (if it goes well).

[edit 2] And I'm on the "new" box. Couldn't scavange the RAM from the old box, it's a different type. But at least the one I'm on now will take an upgrade, and it's fairly cheap.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Dec. 31, 2020, 11:39:58 AM EST
Expand Edited by drook Dec. 31, 2020, 12:44:10 PM EST
Expand Edited by drook Dec. 31, 2020, 02:16:27 PM EST
New Excellent. Well done.
     Laptop is happy, desktop is not - (drook) - (4)
         3 x 1GB slots? - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Well, I can do a little better - (drook) - (1)
                 Excellent. Well done. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Intel was doing weird stuff for a while. - (Another Scott)

Nine crows at nine o'clock nigh.
37 ms