IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone else catch PBS' 'Einstein's Quantum Riddle' [Nova] ?
via filter-control employing two separate quasars (to select filters) ...

Q.E. Quantum Entanglement **IS**
aka Experimental evidence..

No Wonder then: that a dullard, a lazy imbecile is {also too} ..the Prez of a banana republic.
[Plot That ..on your quantum-computer-Thingy]

PS: second query as, they re-ran this amidst the ..well, you know.
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 27, 2020, 07:50:50 PM EST
New Watched it tonight.
Definitely interesting, but frankly entanglement is really a hard concept to understand. There's some step missing in my brain to see it clearly.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Prolly because it IS mind-boggling: yer Normal.
[I Love. It!] It may well-be: a meta-Teaching for the Ages ..to those who give a shit about more than our daily
amusements, atrocities and other random stage-activities.

I gathered that the McGuffin--via oodles of expensive gadgetry--and the simultaneity ID-ing the same photon, was indeed a true Experiment.
With results. [That is, within our brainz, now so convinced that trans-light 'speed' in a space-time continuum is Impossible].

That the 'simultaneity' of the random-filters re both quasars, having 'agreed' on the paired-status of this expensive-photon ... leaves us with
a similar paradox to Erwin's cat who is both dead and alive. We are left, a bit.. with the (to many, unacceptable)
thesis of there Being 'meta'-Physics- beyond (our anciently-designed prototypes of a brain--one 'engineered' via
the s l o w processes which we call 'natural selection' á lá Mr. Darwin, thus evolution. Starting from a paramecium.

tl;dr One has to be able to hold those thought Domains both-at-once. The shorhand scientific vocabulary necessary to 'do Science'
(here on Gaia's Earth(?) and that re other metaphysical matters/questions (as in the 'Gita and various corporate religions)
Flummoxed seems a good state for shaking-up many long-held theses, no?

(I've been wrestling since 'sentience' happened) and I first understood (a) Why of one thing, that Certainty
of Anything is impossible via our brains
(thence our also inability to imagine how Better-ones might work)--were we to encounter such. We're stuck on
Faster-Boolean, knowing nothing about Better, I wot. We can't even guess, say: whether Math pre-existed our
appearance on the Stage--or someHow 'we invented' all its multifarious aspects.

Carrion; as Rainer Maria Rilke suggested, "Learn to love the questions.." :-þ
New Quantum physics is tough.
Uncertainty principle was not bad, but entanglement is something else. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Anyone else catch PBS' 'Einstein's Quantum Riddle' [Nova] ? - (Ashton) - (3)
         Watched it tonight. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Prolly because it IS mind-boggling: yer Normal. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Quantum physics is tough. - (a6l6e6x)

I valued your opinion more when I was being paid to.
74 ms