IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ok, it's alive
I was scared at first.

It came with a tiny hdmi cable and says just plug everything and wait. I plugged it into an older Vizio. I could see the initial burst of kernel type messages then the tv said no signal. Damn, am I calling the UK for support?

Then I tried my much larger 2 year old RCA in my bedroom.

15 seconds and the graphical desktop came up. 5 screens later (language, keyboard, password, wifi, update) and it started grinding, and I had the full desktop up while it is updating.

And the update just errored. Well, time to click for a while...

... back.

Not an issue, random package not available. Total update time about 10 minutes, reboot in 15 seconds.

I felt my code slipping away, and I wanted to play on something open and well documented. Cheap helps too. I love this thing (so far).
Expand Edited by crazy Dec. 26, 2020, 03:41:14 PM EST
New Lucked in to an encyclopedic review..
(Liked this guy's patter--it's informative on several levels--immediately.

Yup.. things re Intro-to-Geo-Boole ..have advanced quite a lot since er, Sinclair
(And Otrona /CPM--the Expen$ive 18# 'portative' with the 5" green-screen with full 80 characters).
..unlike the scroll-screen sewing-machine-heft of the Osborne1*
(They who committed seppuku by pre-announcing a Model Two! {Duh}.

* Lee Felsenstein was a fun-guy (designer of that package) ..talked to him when he wanted some Tweak™
I was peddling: the magick 'contact cleaner' which really worked--told him the small bottle was on-the-house
and thanked him for the brilliance of the (moi's) first purchase in this Time-sink field.

(Had I one such) I might create a motion-sensor input + Raccoon-recognition kluge: to LOUDLY play a Mountain Lion screech. And other such vital things we never ... did ... complete.

A whole damn computer in a colorful box. Have fun.
     Raspberry Pi 400 - new toy - (crazy) - (7)
         ok, it's alive - (crazy) - (1)
             Lucked in to an encyclopedic review.. - (Ashton)
         Fun things - (pwhysall)
         Update - (crazy) - (3)
             Anaconda is popular, but huge. Jupyter? - (Another Scott)
             Python comes with IDLE - (scoenye)
             Visual Studio Code - (malraux)

Their business was zero and it was shrinking.
128 ms