IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Who else watched Wonder Woman 1984?
Filmmaking by committee. Again.

Way too long, like they were trying to stuff in something for everyone instead of making something *one* audience would love.

But at the same time there were multiple scenes that didn't feel justified, like an earlier scene that set it up was missing; and a first-act setup that you saw coming a mile away ... never paid off in the third act.

The post-credit scene was one of the greatest callbacks ever, to the point that I "left the theater" with a smile on my face despite how mediocre the rest of it was.

And a Netflix oddity: when the closed captioning named the villain for the first time it was like a flashing "Origin Story!" sign. Speaking of the villain, the setup was good and the performance was spectacular. Until the character got lost under the SFX.
--

Drew
New Spoilsport! Damn! I thought I'd like peeping that..
but Truthiness will out, eh?

(As a tyke I. Loved. her magic lasso): Imagine: forced-Truth-telling! I. Did. then..
seein' as how all the lies around seemed to quite o'er-crow the few flashes of ..Honesty?

In that regard: nothing has changed, we're still The-Lying-animal :-/

I gave my Uncle's-->to-moi, cherry '53 Plymouth* plain-vanilla (not even a heater!) to SO.
She immediately named 'her' Diana Prince. W.W. was/is? Big re the gender warz then, as now.
* it had 17K miles! on the clock ..when I passed it on ~'76. Pity it wasn't loaded, thus bearable to drive in winter.
New Haven't seen it yet.
I enjoyed the first one.

https://twitter.com/because_trains/status/1342712216353726464

Heh. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
     Who else watched Wonder Woman 1984? - (drook) - (2)
         Spoilsport! Damn! I thought I'd like peeping that.. - (Ashton)
         Haven't seen it yet. - (Another Scott)

import lrpdisms
31 ms