Could go in 'Science' but.. since it's about an expanded view-of (the very similar means by which they-Too--discover how the universe works),
it goes here. Interesting hour.

pbs/SciFri under:
Indigenous Astronomy, Auroras, Inclusive Science. Dec 25, 2020, Part 2

It implicitly tries to expand-from (all the Techie inculcation we'unses have experienced)--as. if. We, esp. us White Ones--more so: We 'European-descended' tribes:
Know The EXACT means by which the Univerese 'ought to be examined' An attitude which oft renders a Paper and its deductions,
precisely according-to 'How Science Must-be 'explained' aka more algorithm-think? ..like bookkeeping??

In whatever event: the Ojibwe recognize Four Ways of 'investiagating thus retaineing: Knowledge:
via Body, MInd, Heart, Spirit.. ya gotta let that sink in ..slower than your rote speed read, I found.
fwiw ...

(I found that I had some thoughts along similar lines, observed throughout the gantlet of homogenized
'teaching') As did J.S. Campbell--only faculty friend, early in that process. T.T.T. Things take time.

{small summary}

[. . .]

Relearning The Star Stories Of Indigenous People In 2012, the Obama administration projected that the United States would need to add an additional 1 million college graduates in STEM fields per year for the next ten years to keep up with projected growth in the need for science and technology expertise.

At the same time, though, native Americans and other Indigenous groups are underrepresented in the sciences, making up only 0.2% of the STEM workforce in 2014, despite being 2% of the total population of the United States.

Why are Indigenous people still underrepresented in science? Ira speaks with astrophysicist Annette Lee and anthropologist Kim TallBear about the historical role of science and observation in Indigenous communities, and how Western scientific culture can leave out other voices. They also discuss the solutions: What does an inclusive scientific enterprise look like, and how could we get there?