IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New They seem to still be producing it for laptops
I went looking for RAM for the desktop about a year ago and it was expensive as hell. I figure there's more people keeping old laptops than desktops, so they're still producing it for the one, and raiding remaining stocks for the other.
--

Drew
New DDR3 is still vee cheep.
DDR2?

lolno.

https://www.bing.com/shop?q=8gb+ddr2+memory&FORM=SHOPTB

It seems that if you want it to be non-sketchy-af, you're gonna pay for it.
     Anyone got some old laptop RAM lying around? - (drook) - (18)
         I probably do. - (Another Scott) - (14)
             Yes, SO-DIMM ... I assume the pin count is the same - (drook) - (13)
                 I've got a lot of older DDR2 stuff, one stick of DDR3 - (Another Scott) - (12)
                     32 bit Windows can't address over 4G - (drook) - (2)
                         Ah, that's right. Good plan. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Hmm ... Upgrade time - (drook)
                     Got 64-bit Windows installed, just ordered the RAM - (drook) - (8)
                         If performance is an issue, always go for dual-channel - (pwhysall) - (7)
                             Does that mean it's better to have 2x4 than a single 8? - (drook) - (6)
                                 Aye-firmative. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                     Well, I've already ordered the single 8 - (drook) - (4)
                                         Re: Well, I've already ordered the single 8 - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                             It's a single 2, so 5x performance here I come! -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                                 Yup. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                     This is anything but "recent" -NT - (drook)
         I've got a few sticks... - (pwhysall) - (2)
             They seem to still be producing it for laptops - (drook) - (1)
                 DDR3 is still vee cheep. - (pwhysall)

And that's not all!
45 ms