IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New advice on cast iron egg pan
I have a flat 12inch iron skillet I use just for eggs and pancakes. Over the years people have cooked other items and after scraping the pan and berating the users there are a few ridges I cant seem to scrape off. Was thinking of getting my grinder out and flattening the pan then re-seasoning it. Any advise or suggestions? Steel wool did not get rid of the ridges.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Wet or dry sandpaper works pretty well.
I've taken abused pans down to bare metal with it.
New Those goddamn people screwing up your cookware, ehhhh?
A week ago I had a clogged pipe. Glassware. In the old days I would have slowly boiled it in a pot of alcohol. Everclear. But that s*** is way too expensive. Over here we have something called 420 extract which is essentially half price everclear. But still that's real money.

So I boil the pipe in water for 20 minutes and don't pay attention and the foamy bubbles overflow all over the place. At that point I have THC resin everywhere.

I do a clean up as best I can, and then I try to clean up the pot and I realize that no matter how much I work with how many different chemicals it doesn't matter. That pot is destroyed. If anyone cooks in that pot they will test positive.

So now I have a dedicated pipe boiling pot.
New You're "that guy" now
--

Drew
New My god damn pot.
No one else here cleans up. We buy pots and pans from Goodwill or the arc store. A couple people here thought they bought pans that are non-sticky. But they refuse to clean up after themselves. So when it does not come off easily it comes off with copper ribbon scrubbers. And I don't give a s*** about the scratches I leave behind. Let them buy a new goddamn pan and then when they leave it behind I'll do it again.

Yes they have screamed at me about it. And I merely smiled back at them.
     advice on cast iron egg pan - (boxley) - (4)
         Wet or dry sandpaper works pretty well. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Those goddamn people screwing up your cookware, ehhhh? - (crazy) - (2)
             You're "that guy" now -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 My god damn pot. - (crazy)

Have your cake and drink it too!
34 ms