IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And, of course . . .
. . there were a few women who posted on the site. They were driven off by continuous attacks and harsh criticism by some of the male posters.

Some guys just can't get a grip on the fact that women think a bit differently, but that doesn't mean their thinking is invalid, just different.
New Oppressors see equality as oppression, and react accordingly.
I was raised by a radical (for then) feminist - feminism being the radical notion that women should be treated equally. Didn't all take; I got a lot of counterprogramming from my friends, books, and media that I had to work out; I'm still working a lot of that shit out of my head. Watching people I respected in the dance community get #metooed (and quite justifiably I should add) reminded me of the difference in experience that men and women have as related by a friend:

We (straight) men are attracted to our prey; (straight) women are attracted to their predators.
use std::option::sig
New Heh.. [Love] ..again! ..a 'stab' then
There's at least a soupçon of er, Gravitas in there ... re 'Feminism'--especially 'du jour'

Invested(?) ~ seven years with Feminist-cohort--we were a Mutual-Admiration Society. Towards the end.. the
idea that this manifest-tolerance 'should be reciprocal--no?' failed. I noted a skit played out on moi: which clearly
derived from [my careful deduction] ... newer consciousness-raising tactics in her Womens' Group™.
Thus had moi become: just another Male Chauvinist Pig™ . [Who Knew?]
Etc. As the Bard so wittily informed us--of the Stakes, in [Sonnet 116]

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come;
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me prov'd,
I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.

(To my knowledge--only one Famous Writer + Cohort: Robert and Elizabeth Barrett-Browning
--manages the above to a fare-thee-well:
cf. her famed Sonnet ("from the Portuguesa"--his nic for her)

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day’s
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

[. . .]

tl;dr Nobody ever {wisely} imagined all the nooks & crannies circulating in human jelloware, as (in the
words of a Sage) "all those little [I's] running around loose, inside" ... intermixed with the narsty imaginings
of the reptile-emotional brain ... begin Acting Out (Outré?).
No regrets here, mutual-admiration-societies: simply--have their own Best-Used-By Dates, too, I wot.
But they're worth the Try, anyway. Right?
New Women are attracted to their predators?
Yes, definitely. What pisses me off about the #MeToo movement is that the guys they are charging with abuse are exactly the guys who could get dates with them a few years back. Women do not date men who respect women, they ignore them and look for a jerk.

Of course they will deny this until their dying day, but it's easy to see. It was a hard lesson for me to learn, that in matters of relationship, never listen to what a woman says - watch what she does. There's little resemblance.
New "never listen to what a woman says - watch what she does. There's little resemblance."
That's some prime misogynistic bullshit, right there.
New I have, all my adult life, respected women . . .
. . supported women's causes, and voted for women. I've helped women through crisis with food, shelter, emotional support, and cash. My reward is that I'm invisible to single women. Married women are another matter, but they're married, and I have no interest in meddling with that.

Women prefer jerks. There's even a song by a guy who's finally decided to become a prime grade jerk so women will fall all over him.

I think it's not their fault - I think it's evolutionary. Comes from hormones developed up through the Neolithic - for survival of the children. Hang with the biggest, baddest, most powerful guy in the tribe, so your children will survive when he kills those of his competitors.
New Maybe a certain kind of woman likes a certain kind of man
And maybe you happen to like that kind of woman.
--

Drew
New My taste in women is very broad . . .
. . OK, I could have made a (very obsolete) funny out of that).

I am attracted to women of most ethnicities, but have some limits on culture and religion. Since my neighborhood has become a Korea Town, I've even come to see Asian women quite favorably.

Social status is not a problem. Weight is a problem only if it's Super Model emaciated or rather obese. Fashion magazine "beautiful", I admit, is a turn-off for me, I prefer women to be more natural.

Well, being in love with her dog is a problem - I'm not into being second in a women's heart. Women are very expensive, emotionally, physically, and economically, so I feel I should be at the top of the heap if I'm making that kind of investment. That, of course, eliminates a very large segment of the pool of single women in my age group.

Much worse, of course, is K, who is totally in love with Possums, and has them wandering around in her home.

Most of the women who have been with me were recovering from bad decisions, but didn't stay long - anxious to get out there and make more bad decisions.

One, who had been a friend from before her first marriage, came to stay with me when she finally left her second husband. She stayed a few months, but told me she was leaving. She said, "You aren't jealous, and you don't try to control me, so I know you don't love me".

What can I say?
New Huh, doesn't sound like my wife at all.
You might be making a gross generalization out of your specifics, just saying.

Of course, Peter said it too.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New There are always exceptions . . . fortunately!
New aka.. Vive! la Differènce (as far as a One can er, manage :-)
Also: All generalizations are false--including this one.
(I may be #7734 to say that, First?)
Expand Edited by Ashton Dec. 23, 2020, 05:31:39 PM EST
New I recall attempting to intercede in that pedestrian-mindset..
But it seemed to go --> ^Zooom^--predictably?--within the hard-core M.C. er--pigs du jour. Techno-folk oft seem to
share disproportionately, bad social edjumacation--in my lengthy experience--kinda like confusing simple-assed
Boolean 'deductions' with ... sweet-Reason?
The Year 2020 makes clearest ever, how we all mis-underestimated the %National-pig-headedness: of
four out of ten of our menagerie-mates :-/ (But the Pols are much, much Worse--natch).
     an anniversary + 1 - (rcareaga) - (42)
         Excellent. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I've got 10 days on you. -NT - (pwhysall)
         My 20th is coming up on June - (malraux) - (13)
             Still.. You be poster-boy for: "If it ain't broke, then ... " - (Ashton) - (12)
                 PS: anyone recall the InfoWorld issue date? ~~ the time when we coalesced within their cheezy-forum - (Ashton) - (11)
                     I can take a guess. - (static) - (8)
                         I'm thinking mid-nineties or so when I showed up - (crazy) - (6)
                             I don't know - (drook) - (4)
                                 Oh I was there long before that. - (crazy) - (3)
                                     ~Ditto here.. re IW subscription - (Ashton)
                                     must have subscription back in the day - (boxley) - (1)
                                         Hah. I was on the other side - (crazy)
                             Thanks!..it's encyclopedic, authentic and best History I've encountered; just Think: - (Ashton)
                         Yeah, believe mid-90s - (Ashton)
                     Let's see... - (Another Scott)
                     1997 to ~ early 2000 at the latest. - (CRConrad)
         Ah yesss.. the bread crumbs.. - (Ashton)
         I was thinking about this recently. - (hnick) - (13)
             On 'Losing.. ...' - (Ashton) - (12)
                 And, of course . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                     Oppressors see equality as oppression, and react accordingly. - (InThane) - (9)
                         Heh.. [Love] ..again! ..a 'stab' then - (Ashton)
                         Women are attracted to their predators? - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                             "never listen to what a woman says - watch what she does. There's little resemblance." - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 I have, all my adult life, respected women . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     Maybe a certain kind of woman likes a certain kind of man - (drook) - (1)
                                         My taste in women is very broad . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                             Huh, doesn't sound like my wife at all. - (malraux) - (2)
                                 There are always exceptions . . . fortunately! -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     aka.. Vive! la Differènce (as far as a One can er, manage :-) - (Ashton)
                     I recall attempting to intercede in that pedestrian-mindset.. - (Ashton)
         I haven't a clue . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             As I was trying to figure out when I started - (crazy)
         I followed the dialogs back when it was still on InfoWorld. - (a6l6e6x)
         Been thinking about this... - (InThane) - (1)
             I came in via Bob Lewis' column - (drook)
         Here's one. - (CRConrad) - (5)
             On an appropriate page: - (CRConrad) - (4)
                 Endless spinning thing - (crazy) - (2)
                     Works here. Chrome on Winders. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Works now, temp failure -NT - (crazy)
                 something off - (boxley)

X is like democracy: it sucks, but everything else sucks more.
142 ms