IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks, passed it on
Speaking of Haydn, Aidan is playing a Haydn for his college auditions.

Here's a folder with his prescreening videos - not finished yet but pretty solid. He needs to have them perfected by the end of January for his auditions.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12XmMB9QVcTO9CjeLY384uXzkGCECPsuz?usp=sharing

Also, a bonus Rachmaninov in there too!
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yet another in this Series--this time with students ..all Schubert. But first, Haydn
From fingers through flawless grace-notes (sent via a decent mic + gear): your Lad is playing beyond his years,
doubtless via parental nonpareil, non-hovering (!) assists at certain times.
Thanks for the treats. As to the Rach- a ƒearless young Man, fershure. But is anyone ever Ready-for
Rach-2-Cto? [rhetorical] :-)

All these under PBS's Now Hear this: The Schubert Generation, a series.
Several of these already-viruosi are ~25-27 yo; Schubert died just under 32.
He wrote half of his 500+ Songs before age 25 ... thence: the massive other works.

(Anyone hooked on The Songs could learn a lot seeing/hearing Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau's magnificent voice
record, but also observe/hear maybe the most-famous accompanist (ever?) to all of those:
Gerald Moore--author too of, Am I Too Loud? ..a hilarious bunch of skits ..related. It's all Music.

I can't begin to comprehend that Schubert was even Possible. Having heard that which He (or some company of genii?) wrought.

How fortunate that you and offspring are on the same wavelength.. Lucky. lucky.
Bonus here: Listening cancels-flat anything with COVID- or Menace- re some sordid topic.
New Personally I'd rather he didn't follow Schubert's path :-)
I'll pass the compliments on.

The audio setup is based partially on advice from Jack Troughton.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New (Franz and I concur re your wise assessment :-þ
..the Silly! ..unfortunately: he was.

..but for us liederabend fans, he's still a God of Song(s) and as memorable in the not-songs panoply.
(We weep that the trans-Time PayPal can't send him a couple bucks at age ~24--with a stern,
Shape-Up or Ship-Out! appended note).
     "Now Hear This [Admin] Haydn: The King of Strings" - (Ashton) - (4)
         Thanks, passed it on - (malraux) - (3)
             Yet another in this Series--this time with students ..all Schubert. But first, Haydn - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Personally I'd rather he didn't follow Schubert's path :-) - (malraux) - (1)
                     (Franz and I concur re your wise assessment :-þ - (Ashton)

We come here for the righteous indignation and hilarity that follows.
36 ms