IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, sound barrier screws up aerodynamics.
The ME262 would go into a dive at the speed of sound. The Germans knew this and were developing a swept wing version to fix this.

Also, a successor to the ME262, which was in the early prototype stage, that the US space program people analyzed and determined would have been able to achieve it's designed speed of 1500 mph sometime in 1947.

Our space shuttle was developed from the X-20 Dyna-Soar program which referenced a German orbital bomber design (in early development) with the top stage based on that fighter plane design.
New Luftwaffe -46:
http://www.luft46.com/
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
     97-yo Chuck Yeager /Test Pilot! buys the ranch.. - (Ashton) - (35)
         I don't recall ... link to a story? -NT - (drook) - (14)
             Here's a link to NY Times. - (a6l6e6x) - (13)
                 Me too.. I mean, it's sorta like a guy who's a Food-Taster - (Ashton) - (12)
                     I mean the story of pushing down on the stick to go up, never heard that -NT - (drook) - (11)
                         It's about the ~'reversal of the aerodynamics' of a conventional wing design on/near Mach(o?) 1 - (Ashton) - (9)
                             I imagine the sensation is like when you become conscious of countersteering a bike -NT - (drook) - (6)
                                 Nice catch--two-wheel dynamics oft seem *perverse* - (Ashton)
                                 now you've added something else to my consciousness - (crazy) - (4)
                                     No, now you're *aware* of it - (drook) - (1)
                                         Perzackly..! drook wins the Clarity award. Again. - (Ashton)
                                     It works a lot better if you're conscious of it - (scoenye) - (1)
                                         Quite so.. and IMhO, best place to learn: in the dirt, on a small man-handleable machine (also Fun) - (Ashton)
                             Yes, sound barrier screws up aerodynamics. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                 Luftwaffe -46: - (CRConrad)
                         What, never seen "Cars"? Chuck must'a been Doc Hudson: - (CRConrad)
         Anyone who enjoys yarns about pilots - (rcareaga) - (14)
             I'm sure you've read this story before, but have you ever heard it told by the pilot? - (drook) - (1)
                 That was Mach-2 Fun! (we all were paying the gas bill, though) - (Ashton)
             Who here has flown? I had one introduction class. - (crazy) - (11)
                 PPSEL. N7522T is my Cessna 172A. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     Thanks: myth killed by (likely) Truthiness, aka Be an iconoclast! ..wherever it's important :-) -NT - (Ashton)
                     Well, here’s how Hoover remembered it in 2002 - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Hoover was a first class guy. No way he'd steal thunder from anybody, let alone Yeager. - (mmoffitt)
                     I don't remember anything about Hoover, nor much about Yeager. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         Check this out. Short clip of one of Bob's most famous maneuvers. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                             Nice parlor trick. Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 My father told me a guy he flew with did tricks like that with a pen - (drook) - (1)
                                     I like to make a sheet of paper heavy. - (mmoffitt)
                             Were there a Nobel for achieving Perfection, reliably-every-time: this über-Mensch deserves a Statue - (Ashton)
                 Gliders here. Touch & go is generally frowned upon with those ;-) -NT - (scoenye)
         I'll not shed a tear. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             I thought you *hated* Airbus? -NT - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 I don't hate them. I just don't let anyone I know fly on them. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Perhaps his people-talents echo those of The Menace - (Ashton)
                     Meh. - (rcareaga)

You have mushrooms walking around. What do you expect?
123 ms