IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't you start mocking jazz, wanker.
This is a lousy video, but if you don't enjoy that sound, I don't think you can recover from whatever it is that ails you.

And how can you not recognize "Carol of the Bells" as Xmas music, cellos or no?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New If that's the cure, I'm happier having the disease.
New You are the first person I've heard from in 40 years who doesn't like Bob James and Earl Klugh.
bcnu,
Mikem

New OT: "Carol of the Bells"
Did you know it originated in Ukraine?

Wikipedia.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Да, я знаю.
bcnu,
Mikem

Thane's rules for Christmas Music - (InThane) - (45)
         10. Christmas songs are like pumpkin pie: if we really like them we'd have them year-round -NT - (drook) - (3)
             Eh, I like pumpkin pie. - (InThane) - (2)
                 Then: 'Upper Crust™ Amaretto Pumpkin Pie™ might well tickle your fancy..?' - (Ashton) - (1)
                     At a wild guess based on just the name, it's less the punkin than the Amaretto wot does it. -NT - (CRConrad)
         no date rape songs -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             Context matters. - (InThane) - (2)
                 It's cold out there -NT - (crazy)
                 in todays world she would have suspected a roofie - (boxley)
         Damn! but 8-'Mannheim', recently peeped in fast-passant: - (Ashton)
         Too many overdone Western songs, anyway. - (static) - (3)
             IPop was there first. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 The blond sounded more German -NT - (drook)
                 Heh. - (static)
         It's all garbage - (pwhysall) - (30)
             All? Eh... - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                 If it didn't have an Xmas video, you'd not know it was Xmas music. -NT - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     You don't recognize that as caroling music? -NT - (drook) - (6)
                         Nope, because it's been de-Xmas-ified via the power of cellos. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             Don't you start mocking jazz, wanker. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 If that's the cure, I'm happier having the disease. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     You are the first person I've heard from in 40 years who doesn't like Bob James and Earl Klugh. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 OT: "Carol of the Bells" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Да, я знаю. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Oh my that was nice, and it led me to this. - (crazy) - (9)
                     And that led to this. - (drook) - (7)
                         Ooh.... very nice! - (static) - (3)
                             The patterns are somewhat common to the style though - (drook) - (2)
                                 Recognising the patterns are key. - (static) - (1)
                                     I've done that. When you find a group on the same wavelength it's magic. -NT - (drook)
                         Even moi can dig it ..from ~6.00 --> on, the real-guitar + piano: rhythm ... linked at the feet! ✓ - (Ashton)
                         Don't skip, watch it all - (crazy) - (1)
                             Yes. That it is. - (static)
                     LRPD in the comments - (lincoln)
             You think 56k baud negotiation signaling is music - (InThane) - (10)
                 You just invented that! - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     Pfft. - (InThane) - (8)
                         I'm pretty sure I hate the idea of "kids' music" - (drook) - (7)
                             Belive me, I was horrified by the idea at first... - (InThane)
                             They Might Be Giants - (malraux)
                             I imagine The Wiggles might disagree with you. -NT - (static) - (4)
                                 And I would disagree right back - (drook) - (3)
                                     Op. cit 'Mairzy-Dotes' {however misspelled) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         I'm old enough to know about Lamzy Divey -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Ooohh, nostalgia: 'k, hows about? ... 'Praise the lord and Pass the Ammunition' ..next line. - (Ashton)
         Snidely Whiplash-LRPD: We come here for the righteous indignation and hilarity that follows. -NT - (Ashton)

Here we have a game that combines the charm of a Pentagon briefing with the excitement of double-entry bookkeeping. I don't get it.
131 ms