IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 2 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Too many overdone Western songs, anyway.
I normally corral a heap of Kpop Christmas songs (of which a number are actually in English). I did that once at the family Christmas gathering a few years ago and my mother never noticed. It was Christmas-y music, anyway.

Wade.
New IPop was there first.
New The blond sounded more German
--

Drew
New Heh.
There was a popular song on the Western charts in '02 you might've heard of: The Ketchup Song. The main version had all the verses in Spanish, but the chorus...? Well, I've heard that it is deliberately misheard version of a rap in English - as if repeated by a Spanish speaker who does not understand English. :-)

Wade.
     Thane's rules for Christmas Music - (InThane) - (45)
         10. Christmas songs are like pumpkin pie: if we really like them we'd have them year-round -NT - (drook) - (3)
             Eh, I like pumpkin pie. - (InThane) - (2)
                 Then: 'Upper Crust™ Amaretto Pumpkin Pie™ might well tickle your fancy..?' - (Ashton) - (1)
                     At a wild guess based on just the name, it's less the punkin than the Amaretto wot does it. -NT - (CRConrad)
         no date rape songs -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             Context matters. - (InThane) - (2)
                 It's cold out there -NT - (crazy)
                 in todays world she would have suspected a roofie - (boxley)
         Damn! but 8-'Mannheim', recently peeped in fast-passant: - (Ashton)
         Too many overdone Western songs, anyway. - (static) - (3)
             IPop was there first. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 The blond sounded more German -NT - (drook)
                 Heh. - (static)
         It's all garbage - (pwhysall) - (30)
             All? Eh... - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                 If it didn't have an Xmas video, you'd not know it was Xmas music. -NT - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     You don't recognize that as caroling music? -NT - (drook) - (6)
                         Nope, because it's been de-Xmas-ified via the power of cellos. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             Don't you start mocking jazz, wanker. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 If that's the cure, I'm happier having the disease. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     You are the first person I've heard from in 40 years who doesn't like Bob James and Earl Klugh. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 OT: "Carol of the Bells" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Да, я знаю. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Oh my that was nice, and it led me to this. - (crazy) - (9)
                     And that led to this. - (drook) - (7)
                         Ooh.... very nice! - (static) - (3)
                             The patterns are somewhat common to the style though - (drook) - (2)
                                 Recognising the patterns are key. - (static) - (1)
                                     I've done that. When you find a group on the same wavelength it's magic. -NT - (drook)
                         Even moi can dig it ..from ~6.00 --> on, the real-guitar + piano: rhythm ... linked at the feet! ✓ - (Ashton)
                         Don't skip, watch it all - (crazy) - (1)
                             Yes. That it is. - (static)
                     LRPD in the comments - (lincoln)
             You think 56k baud negotiation signaling is music - (InThane) - (10)
                 You just invented that! - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     Pfft. - (InThane) - (8)
                         I'm pretty sure I hate the idea of "kids' music" - (drook) - (7)
                             Belive me, I was horrified by the idea at first... - (InThane)
                             They Might Be Giants - (malraux)
                             I imagine The Wiggles might disagree with you. -NT - (static) - (4)
                                 And I would disagree right back - (drook) - (3)
                                     Op. cit 'Mairzy-Dotes' {however misspelled) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         I'm old enough to know about Lamzy Divey -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Ooohh, nostalgia: 'k, hows about? ... 'Praise the lord and Pass the Ammunition' ..next line. - (Ashton)
         Snidely Whiplash-LRPD: We come here for the righteous indignation and hilarity that follows. -NT - (Ashton)

No matter what I accomplish in this life, nobody's going to sculpt my head in thermoplastic resin and make it spit water into the bedrooms of sick children.
113 ms