IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New no date rape songs
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Context matters.
I know exactly the song you're talking about. At not one point in the song does the woman actually say she doesn't want to say - she's talking about what everybody else would think if she stayed. In the culture of the time, the perception of a woman's "purity" was more important than her own desires, and if you read between the lines the lines she sings are "Somebody else might look badly at me" rather than "I don't want to be here."

...at least, that's one interpretation. It's definitely a song that's changed in meaning and perception over the years. (And yes, he could have offered to call her a cab.)
use std::option::sig
New It's cold out there
New in todays world she would have suspected a roofie
"whats in that drink?" maced his face, tazed him strapped him with ductape and shoved a christmas ornament up his ass then posted that on instagram.

Like you mentioned, times change
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Thane's rules for Christmas Music - (InThane) - (45)
         10. Christmas songs are like pumpkin pie: if we really like them we'd have them year-round -NT - (drook) - (3)
             Eh, I like pumpkin pie. - (InThane) - (2)
                 Then: 'Upper Crust™ Amaretto Pumpkin Pie™ might well tickle your fancy..?' - (Ashton) - (1)
                     At a wild guess based on just the name, it's less the punkin than the Amaretto wot does it. -NT - (CRConrad)
         no date rape songs -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             Context matters. - (InThane) - (2)
                 It's cold out there -NT - (crazy)
                 in todays world she would have suspected a roofie - (boxley)
         Damn! but 8-'Mannheim', recently peeped in fast-passant: - (Ashton)
         Too many overdone Western songs, anyway. - (static) - (3)
             IPop was there first. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 The blond sounded more German -NT - (drook)
                 Heh. - (static)
         It's all garbage - (pwhysall) - (30)
             All? Eh... - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                 If it didn't have an Xmas video, you'd not know it was Xmas music. -NT - (pwhysall) - (7)
                     You don't recognize that as caroling music? -NT - (drook) - (6)
                         Nope, because it's been de-Xmas-ified via the power of cellos. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                             Don't you start mocking jazz, wanker. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                 If that's the cure, I'm happier having the disease. -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     You are the first person I've heard from in 40 years who doesn't like Bob James and Earl Klugh. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 OT: "Carol of the Bells" - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Да, я знаю. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Oh my that was nice, and it led me to this. - (crazy) - (9)
                     And that led to this. - (drook) - (7)
                         Ooh.... very nice! - (static) - (3)
                             The patterns are somewhat common to the style though - (drook) - (2)
                                 Recognising the patterns are key. - (static) - (1)
                                     I've done that. When you find a group on the same wavelength it's magic. -NT - (drook)
                         Even moi can dig it ..from ~6.00 --> on, the real-guitar + piano: rhythm ... linked at the feet! ✓ - (Ashton)
                         Don't skip, watch it all - (crazy) - (1)
                             Yes. That it is. - (static)
                     LRPD in the comments - (lincoln)
             You think 56k baud negotiation signaling is music - (InThane) - (10)
                 You just invented that! - (pwhysall) - (9)
                     Pfft. - (InThane) - (8)
                         I'm pretty sure I hate the idea of "kids' music" - (drook) - (7)
                             Belive me, I was horrified by the idea at first... - (InThane)
                             They Might Be Giants - (malraux)
                             I imagine The Wiggles might disagree with you. -NT - (static) - (4)
                                 And I would disagree right back - (drook) - (3)
                                     Op. cit 'Mairzy-Dotes' {however misspelled) - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         I'm old enough to know about Lamzy Divey -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Ooohh, nostalgia: 'k, hows about? ... 'Praise the lord and Pass the Ammunition' ..next line. - (Ashton)
         Snidely Whiplash-LRPD: We come here for the righteous indignation and hilarity that follows. -NT - (Ashton)

Well, after thinking it over for a few hours, the toilet decided to work.
142 ms