IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, he got $170M!
Most of it to PAC he can use as he wants.

NY Times: Trump has raised $170 million since Election Day.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New But, what's left after "Fund Raising Expenses"?
Probably not a lot, as he employs grifters to do the fund raising, and they have been taking most of it all along. The rest goes to paying off campaign debt.
New Yup. Plus it's not that much, really.
~ $5-6M a day isn't that much compared to the ~ $15M a day average that ActBlue raised from September through now.

$BIGNUMBER is meaningless without context. The press is still really, really bad about this.

Cheers,
Scott.
New That wasn't my take.
The only reason he was able to raise more that $17.00 is because of the fact that slightly less than half the country is absolutely bat shit crazy and stupid. Not uniformed, not ignorant, stupid. Recently it was reported that 70% of Republicans thought the Presidential election was unfair. These are the same morons who consider a public health emergency requiring us all to wear masks and keep our distance a violation of their liberty. As a favorite old prof of mine once said, "They don't know anything. They don't want to know anything and they're proud of their ignorance."

A political system that places the opinions of such people on equal footing with the more enlightened is a system I cannot help but condemn. And that's the system we have. And it's not going to get better because the people aren't going to get better.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Yeah, 40% are simply stupid.
Look at the bell curve and then it becomes the obvious. And it's perfectly reasonable. So basically you're saying there will always be an undercurrent in democracy that you're going to have to fight. I'm sorry but the alternative is worse. So we got to keep pushing through.
     The End Times are Here, Surely! - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         That's a lovely 'Heh'.. :-) -NT - (Ashton)
         "Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon." - (Ashton)
         Well, he got $170M! - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             But, what's left after "Fund Raising Expenses"? - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 Yup. Plus it's not that much, really. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     That wasn't my take. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         Yeah, 40% are simply stupid. - (crazy)

Certainly mighty proud to say, I'm always mighty proud to say it.
46 ms