IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Pure genius?
The "Blue Spacesuit" campaign, on the other hand, is pure genius. You can tell how good it is by how many tech columnists have written it up as stupid and pointless. It has total recognition. Even the little 1"x3" ones they run now. You're leafing through a magazine, your eye catches a patch of blue spaceman and your mind says "IBM". Over and over again.

Pure genius? Pure stupidity. It's the most stupid ad campaign they've run since the swirly Warp ads. People may remember the swirly ads, but they don't remember IBM.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New It may seem stupid to technical person . . .
. . . but the illogic of the blue spacemen makes it work. It's eye recognition, not content (though I bet you remember some of the content too). IBM, IBM, IBM, IBM, IBM, you eye catches it and your mind repeats it. IBM, IBM. Blue - Big Blue - IBM.

You know the blue spaceman ads, and you know they're IBM. I didn't have to explain them to you, did I? They prepare the field for when the sales rep calls.

Microsoft's ads are twice the size - two pages, not one - are they memorable?
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New You mean the DB2 ads, right?
What the spacemen make me think is: This database is so bad you have to wear a spacesuit to even be exposed to it. That's not the message I think IBM is trying to send.
French Zombies are zapping me with lasers!
New hey, I still have one of those OS/2 shirts....
Have fun,
Carl Forde
     Cringley on MS's possible plan..... - (addison) - (27)
         It is indeed scary. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             Nope. - (admin) - (2)
                 But would that stop them from implementing it? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Nope. - (admin)
             Well, it might be self fixing. - (Andrew Grygus)
         MS couldn't even write a decent TCP/IP stack. - (Brandioch) - (11)
             Actually, I think he has a different point. - (static)
             Re: MS couldn't even write a decent TCP/IP stack. - (acagle) - (8)
                 Re: MS couldn't even write a decent TCP/IP stack. - (tjsinclair) - (7)
                     Windows ME winsock.dll copyright says it's Microsoft's. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                         So why does it say BSD if it's Microsoft's? -NT - (tjsinclair) - (5)
                             API, not implementation - (kmself) - (4)
                                 What he said! :) I agree. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                 Tried a google search - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     ID number was a point. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                         Re: ID number was a point. - (wharris2)
             the source they released for their original winsock 89? 90? - (boxley)
         they tried this once before and almost lost the company - (boxley) - (9)
             OT - RE; NetWare - (tjsinclair) - (8)
                 Killed? No . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                     So nothing's changed - (tjsinclair)
                     Actually... - (addison) - (5)
                         All the more reason . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             Pure genius? - (wharris2) - (3)
                                 It may seem stupid to technical person . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     You mean the DB2 ads, right? - (wharris2)
                                 hey, I still have one of those OS/2 shirts.... -NT - (cforde)