of an aunt and uncle: he fell, broke hip at 85 - she - dementia / ~Alzheimers. Fortunately for both of them -- her assistance to an ex- daughter-in-law of another fam. member earlier in life (!) meant -

As this person went on to become a LVN.. she agreed to care for them both. Lots of etc.

I dunno what your options are, what insur. if any, is available. In above case there were enough $$ accumulated that I could afford to pay a nom. sum to L (the nurse). There was Nothing of value from the Feds of course, (nor the state - unless 'hospitalized'). In any sane country as rich: an entirely different story.

Though I don't know enough to judge - I'd be wary of a One Solution Only statement from anyone in a white coat, especially if you sign-away Supervisory Rights as Conservator = for "such a deal". Dunno also if you have (additionally) a Durable Power of Attorney via preplanning, a ways back (?). Court can set that up though - presuming It accepts you as C. Delay any irreversible decisions as long as you can - especially with bureaucrats. (I had a local atty. friend, who made much of this simple - so I had full control of events, except of course: the uncontrollable parts.)

If you want some comments on Conservatorship, try me = myname at

vom.com (bet I gots the Simplest addy around. I Love 'small' in my ISPs)

Don't let Anyone rush you into their fav mode of "handling these things": it's Your mother, and you are entitled to have enough breathing time to see a sane course of events, before you 'commit' to anything.

Luck,

Ashton