IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I realize it wasn't a sperm whale, but was there also a bowl of petunias nearby?
New They are friends. Those are friendly petunias
Damn I loved those books. Douglas Adams was as close as a god as you could get. When Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy turned into a game, I knew it was game over. I played it around 1978. I woke up in the hold of the ship and the babelfish was the moment when I could understand stuff and then I heard the Vogan poetry and I knew the sell-off was complete. And then I saw that stupid BBC series, those bastards, how could you do this to my Douglas Adams?

I was reading Douglas Adams while I was learning Unix. The two go hand in hand. Such stupid s***.
New Nah, 1982.
New The first series of the radio and the first two books were superb.
It gently went downhill after that, sadly. That said, he contributed to the script for movie and you could see his unique spark still there.

Wade.
New Concur entirely
I read the whole series as a child. The only funny bits I could remember were mostly from the first and second books, with a small smattering of stuff from the third. (Mostly "We apologize for the inconvenience.") Read the later books, and I don't even remember the fourth, while the fifth had a little glimpse of his earlier silliness (the delve into the accounting systems of the HHGttG HQ stands out in my memory) it seemed more like it ended with a giant "FUCK YOU" to everybody who loved the series. Methinks he was writing it because he felt obligated rather than out of any particular love any more.
use std::option::sig
New Nah, I loved them all
No matter how silly they satisfied a certain internal irony meter. Kind of like Terry Pratchett. I just didn't like when somebody else created a visual representation because nothing that they could pretend in reality would ever match what he described.
New This "cleanup" would have fit right in.
     old news: a whale of a tale - (rcareaga) - (7)
         I realize it wasn't a sperm whale, but was there also a bowl of petunias nearby? -NT - (scoenye) - (6)
             They are friends. Those are friendly petunias - (crazy) - (5)
                 Nah, 1982. -NT - (crazy)
                 The first series of the radio and the first two books were superb. - (static) - (2)
                     Concur entirely - (InThane) - (1)
                         Nah, I loved them all - (crazy)
                 This "cleanup" would have fit right in. -NT - (scoenye)

No. Just no. Not a potential no, a solid diamond-hard no. Like, seriously Chuck Norris testicles-hard no.
48 ms